Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share the good news! We are getting a 3 1/2 year old male fawn black mask for Christmas!!! Our breeder called this morning to ask if we would be willing to give Harley's Uncle a good home. He is already crate trained, house broke, and knows his commands. He was bought as a puppy from our breeder, then they had to move and couldn't take Dozer with them so they brought him back to Mrs. Utley, who gave him to her son and grandson. Well, they are getting a divorce and Dozer needs to be in a loving home. She said that she knows how much I spoil Harley and that we would make a good home for him. He has an excellent disposition, and no aggression. He is used to kids she has an 8 year old grandson, and is used to other dogs, so anyone with experience with 2 boxers I would love some suggestions. Harley is 15 weeks old. Thanks guys!!! By the way, I am feeling much better!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
WhoooHooo what a great Christmas surprise! So glad to hear you're feeling better,  you'll need to be at the top of your game to keep up with those babies!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thats wonderful, Harley is getting a big brother.  Glad to hear you are feeling better.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
congrats on your new family member and glad to hear you are feeling better!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
congrats!! lucky for you Doozer is going to be fairly easy...maybe...you dont have to train him just reinforce his training. Of course his rules may have been different in the previous homes...either way what an awesome thing!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
wow lucky to be getting a second one and a friend for harley...let us know how it goes and post lots of pics!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
thats wonderful !!! what a great xmas gift ..whooo hooo

there are alot of people with 2 boxers...Chase had Lexie for years before he just brought Sammy home a few months ago and Sammy i believe is a few yrs old,..might want to talk to him..i know the dogs did great...

i am so happy for you thats wonderful !!! when can we see pics? hehe

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya'll are great!  We go to get him on Sunday. He's about 2 1/2 hrs. away. I am really excited! I think he will be good for Harley! I will send you pics ASAP!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is great Kris, I am soo excited for you..And no housebreaking as well....Lol, lucky you...Take it slow, let Harley and Dozer learn each other but keep a close eye on them both. Boxers get vocal when playing, don't forget that, so don't be alarmed at the noise, just recognize body language..Maybe read the Sticky topic regarding that....Can't wait to see pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts