Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p I got a puppy! I am so terribly exited that I cant stand it! BUT..... he is the first Boxer that I have ever owned, and as much as I can read online and in books at pets mart, I still feel lke there is more that people can tell me about these adorable little angels. so if anyone has any tips or just things that they think I should know. Please Please reply. I am so exited to learn everything that I can.
His name is Tyson and hes a male dark brindle, hes 6 weeks yesterday, and he chews everything and snores louder than my boyfriend!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THAT??? I will be happy to read anyones response, and I will get some pictures posted tonight!
Thanks!!!
Meg

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
First thing that is important for boxer owners is that their energy level is endless... LOL!!! you will soon learn that...

They crave human attention...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!  :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
HI! He sounds adorable... can't wait to see pics! I am an owner of a 12 wk old boxer, medium brindle... LOADS OF FUN! Where in OK are you... I was stationed up there just last year for a couple of yrs, in Enid, OK.

I suggest looking at older posts. I've done that on several occasions and have found it amazingly helpful! Welcome to the FORUM!! :dance:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Welcome! there are endless things to say about this wonderful breed. The best thing i can suggest is read through the puppy and the general info and the health forums. there are TONS of great questions with really great answers. If you dont find what you are looking for let us know with a new question! They are a pretty great bunch here and we do what we can to help. cant wait to see pics of the little guy!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you and Tyson..Lokk forward to hearing more about him and yes, we do need pictures..We are puppy junkies...Lol...Definitely read thru all the posts in the puppy section. We have a ton of new puppies on here and you should get some excellent advice..I have posted some permanent topics that you might also like to check out, one is on dog foods and the other is about teaching "recall" to your pup....

Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you need...Every day is an adventure, but I wouldn't trade a single one of them....These babies are fabulous..... :emtthumbs:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think its going to be great! We learned the word no last night, so now when I say it, he doesnt just ignore me! But then again as soon as I get home and he comes out of his crate, our normal routine has turned into every other word being "NO TYSON!!!" poor thing is probably thinking; "she keeps me in jail all day and when she gets home she yells at me." BUT HES LEARNING!!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Welcome

Ive grown up with boxers, they are the most amazing dogs ever. Once you get a boxer, you wont go back to any other breed. At the moment i have 2 white boxers. They are the apple of my eye and i love them. One thing i have noticed with boxers, maybe its just my boxers, but they love to eat bars of soap when its out on the counter, or in the bath tub. My youngest boxer loves to jump into an empty tub and eat the soap off the bottom. Good luck with your new puppy, they have lots of energy and its a given that your going to get frustrated. But these dogs are amazing. Good luck! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts