Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.. Its me Pam... well Daisy has been gone for 6 mo now and i am going up to Tyngsboro MA to see if I can adopt Moxie, a 4 1/2 reverse brindle boxer from a breeder. He said the reason she was being rehomed was that she did not take to being a mother. When they get to be 4 years old he spays the girls and keeps them as pets!! So wish me luck I'm heading up there tomorrow so that I can meet her and sign an agreement/contract with the owner saying that I'll keep her etc. He said she was good with kids/other animals etc. That she doesn't need a leash to walk and will sit next to you when you stop walking! He said she was a butterscotch color. Maybe a new name? Butterscotch???

Pam

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Good luck !!!

I hope there is not heavy adoption fee because but it bothers me with regards to this statement -

When they get to be 4 years old he spays the girls and keeps them as pets

I understand when some show breeders do place older dogs however if they are not showing or need to create room for a show prospect they are only going to take in another young bitch, breed it, make $$ and then rehome it since they have no use anymore. Its sad and hopefully this is not the case. And butterscotch makes me think he should not be breeding.

Keep us posted!!!!

And hope its not Tall Pines - ok....going back to not being the breeder police :D not trying to be neg, just dont want to see any more heart ache like you have been thru!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my bad, the person is in Townsend and does only have one or two dogs that she breeds, it is not Tall Pines. Mom and Dad (dogs) are on sight, no puppies right now, they need to move which is why she is giving up Moxie. They will make me sign the contract about her coming back to them if it doesn't work out with us! Sorry for the confusion. I'll know by looking at her if she can come home with me. Wish me luck ok? Hanna Bannana thanks for all the input but the pup on petfinders says no toddlers and some of my grandkids are 2 and 3. I'll keep you all posted! Pam :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I may still drive down tomorrow and check out this dog. They said she is shy hence no kids but they are most of the time volunteeers taking in dogs so I can see how shy she is. Plus being in a situation of surrender, heck Id be shy too!

Will keep you posted!!!!

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Pam; good luck, I hope you get this girly if you like her.

Heather: STOP with the puppies!! You're killing me!!! :tease:

edited to correct my crappy spelling!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ooohhh.....Harley is a looker! Tori's quite a beauty too! That's going to be an awesome litter. :yes: I would LOVE to have a Lemko pup! Always loved them! I think that's why I have a huge love for Luther! :)
I'll have to stay posted on that litter....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good luck !!!

I hope there is not heavy adoption fee because but it bothers me with regards to this statement -

When they get to be 4 years old he spays the girls and keeps them as pets

I understand when some show breeders do place older dogs however if they are not showing or need to create room for a show prospect they are only going to take in another young bitch, breed it, make $$ and then rehome it since they have no use anymore. Its sad and hopefully this is not the case. And butterscotch makes me think he should not be breeding.

Keep us posted!!!!

And hope its not Tall Pines - ok....going back to not being the breeder police :D not trying to be neg, just dont want to see any more heart ache like you have been thru!!

Hi - I just stumbled across this post, which obviously was made quite some time ago. Can you share with me any information you have about Tall Pines?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts