Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mom to Whiskey, a 9-month-old brindle female.
I've had dogs my whole life but never a Boxer!

Whiskey fell into our lives 2 months ago. Her previous owners became ill and they found themselves unexpectedly unable to care for her. They tried, they took her to doggie daycare untl they had to ask the daycare staff to help rehome her. They asked us if we wanted to see a pup who needed a home and well... the rest is history. Who could resist a boxer pup? Btw, I was only at doggie daycare for my boss's Great Dane pup. Neither go anymore, they just play at the office now!

She's crazy! I had ZERO ideas what I had gotten into! She's the queen of the dog park, everyone loves her and she loves everyone and every dog.

Everywhere we go with her people stop us and tell us about their boxers. I've seen their photos, their tattoos and heard so many stories. I feel like we're now part of a secret club! I'm looking forward to learning more about this secret club of Boxer owners!

Terra
Union City, CA

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
That's a cool way to get a Boxer! I'm not really a Dog Park fan myself. Not every dog is like your girl but if your gonna keep going ... then see the article "Three Dogs Who Not be at a Dog Park" that way, you'd at least know what to look for.

Welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your pup. We love pictures too. I also do not like dog parks too many people that let their dogs do whatever but hey as Chip said learn what to look for to keep your dog safe.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Us boxer people are a bit obsessive, lol ��

We will hunt you down in a parking lot or while you are trying to walk up the street!

Welcome to the secret club :cheers: and congrats on your new girl!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

We will hunt you down in a parking lot or while you are trying to walk up the street!

LOL ... it's so true. :clap:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts

Oh yes! Every time I see someone with a boxer I'm in their face, LOL telling them about ours. Sometimes when they have a young one they look strangely at me. I'm guessing they just got the puppy and haven't been bitten by the boxer but yet, which I don't understand . Just look at their face..it only takes a second to be smitten. This boy we have is truly the best guy I have ever had, I could go on but I'll stop for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts