Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heylo Everyone!

New boxer momma here. My name is Sarah. I have a husband, two beautiful human children and now a new boxer baby. She is our first boxer, and so I figure I would come and learn all I can. My husband and I did I lot of research into boxers before we decided that it was definitely the breed for us.

The little one is a 9 week old brindle female that we named Tonks. After Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter. She is spunky and so full of energy. She has the cutest little face I've ever seen. I call her "smooshface". Affectionately, of course.

We are currently in the learning phase. We've had her in our home a little over a week now. The breeder had her puppy pad trained and well socialized with children and cats. We've also socialized her with dogs, which she does really well with. She's definitely stubborn, and very vocal! She doesn't whine as much as I would say she complains. Its endearing.

Anyway, we are excited to be here, and if you guys have any advice to help us learn as we go through this transition and help her learn to be a part of the family, I am all ears. :)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
She is beautiful. Boxers are really smart. I had Emmett in a puppy class at nine weeks old. He was a very quick study. My first boxer also caught on quickly :clap2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heylo Everyone!

New boxer momma here. My name is Sarah. I have a husband, two beautiful human children and now a new boxer baby. She is our first boxer, and so I figure I would come and learn all I can. My husband and I did I lot of research into boxers before we decided that it was definitely the breed for us.

The little one is a 9 week old brindle female that we named Tonks. After Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter. She is spunky and so full of energy. She has the cutest little face I've ever seen. I call her "smooshface". Affectionately, of course.

We are currently in the learning phase. We've had her in our home a little over a week now. The breeder had her puppy pad trained and well socialized with children and cats. We've also socialized her with dogs, which she does really well with. She's definitely stubborn, and very vocal! She doesn't whine as much as I would say she complains. Its endearing.

Anyway, we are excited to be here, and if you guys have any advice to help us learn as we go through this transition and help her learn to be a part of the family, I am all ears. :)

Thanks!
She is beyond beautiful! Who was your breeder?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a local breeder here in my state of Utah. I can't remember what they called themselves. They had some good looking dogs. Her mom was they typical fawn, her dad was all brindle, and they had another one that was black and white.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww thank you! Where abouts in utah?
I think we are definitely lucky to have her. She was the last one left from the litter. I said it was because she was waiting for us. I can't imagine a more perfect fit for our family :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
From northern utah, in farr west.! Awh that's the same thing with out brindle, there was a fawn there but she was waiting on her parents and roxy was the last one ready for us to be her parents! So cute! Where in utah are you from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats crazy! The breeders that I got her from are in Farr West. You don't happen to breed, do you? Hahaha.
I'm out in the Tooele area, so about an hour and a half from Farr West, traffic depending :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts