Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old mommy to a 4.5 year old human girl and a almost 4 month old Brindle Boxer girl named Harleigh. I just got Harleigh 2 weeks ago when she was 14 weeks. Sadly I am her 3rd owner already and that isn't including the breeder. Couple people made a mistake getting her I suppose. I have been a Boxer fan since I was like 7 years old and I finally have my dream dog. She is officially potty trained a few days ago and I couldn't be more thrilled. I just need to get her to like her crate a little better, but I am sure she has a little seperation anxiety since she has moved around quite a bit in her short life.

I am amazed at her quick weight growth. In 1 1/2 weeks she has gained over 3 pounds. But she looks more and more healthier everyday.

I noticed that Harleigh has a little bit longer nose than some Boxers. I have been told by perfect strangers that she can't be a Boxer....but I have her papers. I also heard that there are German Boxers and American Boxers and that American Boxers tend to have longer noses. Is this true?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
There is no doubt that she is a boxer! American boxers do have longer snouts than the german ones as you will see on here as there is a variety.
Welcome to the forum and kudos to you for giving Harleigh a loving forever home!
You'll learn lots about your new "fur-baby" on here in no time!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What a beautiful girl.  Poor thing hasn't had a very good start; It looks like she is healthy and happy now though.  Congrats on your new baby. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for reassuring me. I know I have papers, but can you believe someone told me that the breeders must have fabricated her papers? :eek:

I hope to learn alot as I want to be the best mom for her.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome Harleigh is a beautiful girl. There are differences in boxer lines between Euros and American but your girl is young and still growing into her face  :lol: Congrats on the new addition, 3rd owner by 14 weeks???? Poor girl, Thank goodness she's home now :lol:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My Lucy has the longer nose too. Harleigh is adorable!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
She is really really cute!  I love the name too!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome from Canada!.....Harleigh is very cute, I love her colors!

here is a good site you can go to and read up on the euro, UK, and north american differences in the breed :)

www.worldwideboxer.com

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  She is a beautiful girl!  Your daughter is adorable too!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
hello and welcome! It is true that some unreputable breeders will falsify the registration papers, but your harleigh looks just like a boxer...and very beautiful. There is a difference in muzzles when comparing the Euro with Americans. I just recently was lucky enough to adopt a Euro, i never realized the difference until i got him home with my american girls! Samson (my Euro) has a much shorter snout, it looks like he ran into a wall one too many times!! I love it, where as my Reese and Savannah (american girls) Snouts appear longer, but each one of their muzzels fit their face....so i am happy! ok i am done rambling now! :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!! You and your daughter look absolutely thrilled and complete that you have her home! Great to hear that she's finally found her forever home!! Love the name by the way... she's very pretty!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D

There's lots of good info in the puppy and training sections for the crate issues. :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Good lord 3 owners at that tender age? Poor baby, no wonder she's confused....Give her some time, make her crate real comfy and homey and definitely read thru the training section for some good topics on crating and also the behavior section for issues with SA...

As far as the nose thing, there is definitely a difference between European bred Boxers & American bred, if you Google Euro Boxers you can see that, also we have a few on here that are lovely examples, like my hunk Voltaire :) The way a Boxer turns out all comes back to breeding, a better bred Boxer will produce pups that meet standards, those that may have something else in their ancestry will eventually start showing traits that are not true to the standard, hence the longer nose...Having said that, you still have a cutie there and glad you gave her a good home  :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts