Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name's Tanya. I've been looking for a boxer puppy for months and finally found a great breeder and recently bought our family's first boxer. Our brindle male is seven weeks, so he won't be coming home with us until sometime next week, we're so excited! I've been browsing this sight for a while for tips and decided now was the time to enter the group, so hi all!

I'm going to post a picture of our little man and if anyone has any idea for names... my husband and I can't agree on anything! :)

I also am the proud owner of a 9 year old border terrier named Mandy! She's the best, hope she doesn't hate me too much for bringing home our new bundle of joy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
wow he is a handsome fella. congrats-bet you cant wait til he comes home!! :) i say dont name him right off, wait about a week when some of his personality starts to show and THEN name him.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, he is adorable.  Andrea is right, he will come into his name when you have him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my, isn't he a handsome guy!!! I just love those brindles, I tell ya.....I'd wait to name him as well...Sometimes you almost need to see their personality develop first.....Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby..Read thru the puppy section, if you haven't for a lot of good advice and info..Feel free to ask questions and please, lots of pics of that little guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I know, he's too cute. :) Sounds like a good idea to wait, I guess I'll call him puppy in the meantime.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
"Puppy" is adorable! Welcome aboard!  :D

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D

We got a puppy when I was a kid.  My mom already had a name in mind before getting him, but changed it after a couple weeks, so maybe wait.

Also, you can't go wrong with a good old-fashioned German name.  Fritz, August, Van, Schotzie, Bertram, etc. :wink:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on getting your pup. I'm sure it's going to feel like forever until you get him! He is so adorable!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.  Your new baby is adorable.  I love the dark flashy brindles so much.  Can't wait to see some more pictures of him and hear all about his arrival.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Puppy is beautiful. Welocome

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome! He is a very handsome boy!  Congratulations!  You will find that boxers steal your heart!  The only name that came to mind was Max to go with Mandy!  :D   Usually when you get them home and they start to show their personality a name will come to you.  Our last boxer wasn't named until a few weeks after we got him and we tried several names out on him until one fit!

·
Registered
496 Posts
awww he is so cute. I to am a new boxer owner. I got my girl about two weeks ago. Good luck and I cant wait to see more pictures.
Samantha and Haven

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome from Maryland.  Puppy is just adorable!  I know you can't wait until he gets home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I definitley can't wait until he gets home, it seems so far away still. Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes and compliments on our new addition. :) My husband and I are going puppy shopping on Wednesday - can't wait! If anyone has any important suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
bleujoli\";p=\"40579 said:
going puppy shopping on Wednesday - can't wait! If anyone has any important suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Puppy shopping is so much fun! Okay I was thinking...the number one thing on my list would be some sort of pet stain/odor cleaner and LOTS and LOTS of paper towels!  :lol: I'm not kidding! ha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Sadiesmomma! :) Yea, not looking forward to what I'll be needing all that for so much though. ;) Do you know if pee pads are useful for anything or are they just for indoor potty training? Cause we definitley want the little man to do his buisness outside!

G

·
0 Posts
I was just wondering, is that the normal boxer tail length? His looks a lot longer than Jetta's...seemed a little different...for a brindle he is pretty cute!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aquagirl900\";p=\"40594 said:
I was just wondering, is that the normal boxer tail length? His looks a lot longer than Jetta's...seemed a little different...for a brindle he is pretty cute!
I thought his tail seemed a little long. Though it seems to be about the length of his daddy's, who's a champion show dog. But he has a longer tail than most of his brothers and sisters do. Oh well, more to wag, I suppose. :)

G

·
0 Posts
lol, yeah, i think my husband would rather have Jetta be undocked...he likes the tail...so he would prolly like your little boy's tail better

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
bleujoli\";p=\"40586 said:
Yea, not looking forward to what I'll be needing all that for so much though. ;) Do you know if pee pads are useful for anything or are they just for indoor potty training? Cause we definitley want the little man to do his buisness outside!
I think its more a matter of opinion. I think some people successfully train with the pads. We didn't use them though, we just took Sadie out every 2hours on the nose, and gave her treats and praise when she went outside. We've had her for two months and she is now almost fully potty trained. Whenever she has an accident inside, its more that we are being lazy. Also when we first brought her home we were sure to let her pee outside FIRST before we brought her inside.

Good luck! She is such a cutie, I bet you can't wait!  :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts