Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Tuesday, my two 11-year-old children and I, drove a 500 mile round trip from Chattanooga Tennessee to Montgomery Alabama to pick up an 8-week-old boxer puppy whose picture we fell in love with when we saw it on the AKC.org website. We named the puppy "Chief Brody's Ghost".

Our previous 6-year-old boxer, had died a sudden death in our front yard a week earlier, just ten days after having major oral surgery to remove several mouth tumors. My children and I were devastated at the loss of Fritz Von Lang, so we were happy to make the long drive to pick up "Chief Brody".

Chief Brody has filled our home and hearts with his love and his antics. We took him for a 9 week old, well-puppy check today and he weighed in at 12 pounds. The vet said he will probably be a big boy.

Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't be letting him get used to sleeping in my bed at night. :eh:

RIP Fritz. We miss you terribly. You will always have a special place in our hearts!
Save

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss and sadly what happened to Fritz Von Lang is not unusual in Boxer world. :(

As for sleeping in the bed already ... generally speaking it's not advised! That said ... I've always done it but at the bare minimal get an Ex Pen.:
https://www.chewy.com/frisco-dog-exercise-pen-step-through/dp/125048?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Frisco&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKEAjw1a3KBRCY9cfsmdmWgQ0SJAATUZ8b0eqlhfgUgSKfAhdQH-l1aLhrTdCuU7Hxj8aWyn-6zRoCO7Xw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And give the puppy some time alone! 30 minuets to an hour to start. And personally once he is free to go out about, fully inoculated ... I'd stay out of the Dog Park! If you want to find fools and there badly behaved dogs ... that's where they are. Welcome aboard.

Oh and a couple of links. :
German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Dog, Very Challenging

And general Puppy stuff .. take particular note of training puppies in Place ... not now but in a couple of weeks.:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39rA__veYgR4EvJoPQhwRlxZmW5H3IEm

That's a good looking puppy ... of course I'm slightly biased. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts