Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just got my first boxer puppy the other day! Named him Chapo. He’s currently 11 weeks old. One question I have is has anyone tried feeding their boxer Bully Max Supplements to make them a bit buffer? and has it worked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congrats on the pup, he is a cutie.

As far as the supplement, know nothing about it except what I saw on line. Personally I wouldn't be giving my dog anything like that, and certainly not a puppy. Seems like its sacrificing the long term health of a dog so he looks more muscular and bulky in his prime. I wonder how many of those dogs have joint issues later on. I think some of those dogs they showcase look very awkward. Just my opinion though and I know nothing about that product. I think boxers when a healthy weight/diet and exercised correctly look fantastic all on their own.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congratulations on your adorable new pup! Welcome to the world of boxers. There is no going back. 😁
You are wise to seek out forums such as this one, to talk to other boxer owners. I guess I would echo the above responses and encourage you to seek out high a quality dog food, rather than use supplements. I can share that in my experience, by 2 to 3 years old, boxers will end up at whatever weight & size they are predisposed to. Some boxer puppies are very thin as puppies and become incredibly bulky as they age. My last boxer was a rescue and he was literally skeletal as a puppy. It was heartbreaking. Even after I got him healthy, he was extremely thin as a pup. As he matured, he got tall and bulked up considerably and he weighed an impressive 90 lbs for most of his 14 years. Even though he was malnourished as a pup, he thrived on a quality puppy food & then dog food with no supplements added. Unlike my previous boxer, my new puppy is naturally extremely stocky and, to be honest, it has me a little worried about his joints. Enjoy this puppy phase. It goes by so quickly! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Cute puppy and welcome to the forum. Personally I do not use supplements for my dogs. They eat a quality food that has all they need. Bear in mind you do not want to bulk up aa puppy as you really do not want him growing fast. I was told it is better to let him grow naturally and slowly, he will have stronger bones at maturity. We actually got off puppy food by 5 months. My boy is 4 years now and about 75 lbs , which is a good weight for his structure. He actually may be a bit on the heavy side right now. america boxers are not bulky the are sleek muscle.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome! Chapo is soooo cute!! I have no comment on the supplements lol i only became a boxer owner 8mos ago lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts