Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get my boxers ears cropped in a few weeks.My main ? is what is the best cut.I have a pic of his dads ears like I want.Heres a pic of the ears i want his son to look like him.If someone could tell me the proper name to tell vet to cut them is apprecaited.Here is a pic of his dad that I want mine to look like (hopefully).I want him to look like his dad as much as possible.

BTW.....new to forums not sure where to post this.If in wrong place please excuse/over look me.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
When we cropped Odin's we found three main names for the boxer crops but yet people seemed to get the confused and what not... when we got Odin's cropped they asked for a picture of the crop that we want... so that's what we gave them. I'm sure you could do the same thing... just talk to them about it first.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Dads ears look great, I would do what Marie said and show them the picture.  If you have a boxer club locally you can ask them to recommend a good vet that has a history of good crops.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Dad's ears look awesome, gives him that regal look, I'd take that pic in and show it to the vet...Welcome to the forum  :) Also if you do a search on here, look for a post that is about Odin's ears(Mastray's boy)...A lot of great information about care

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.  We have floppy ears, but I'm sure Marie is right about taking a picture with you to the vet - I'd check out the vet and make sure you have one that can do a good job for you.  Going through your local breed club is a great way to start.

·
Registered
38 Posts
[quote="samsonsmom\";p=\"45171":2bsoy2su]Dad's ears look awesome, gives him that regal look, I'd take that pic in and show it to the vet...Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
hello and welcome! i too like many here wouldnt be able to help because both my girls are floppy as well. Marie's pup Odin had his done earlier this year so i would def follow her advice and look over her thread. many pages of great info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts