Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
I am new to the forum. I have not had a new puppy in over 10 years and when I did it was before children. Now we have a new puppy that will be 9 weeks on Saturday. We have had her a total of 5 days. I am feeling very stressed out. She does well in her crate at night, however during the day she stresses out in her crate. We have her night time crate in our bedroom and the day time one in our dining room. She cries and whines when she is in her daytime crate. My husband works from home so we try to keep her in there for 2 hours at a time to crate train her while he is working. He lets her out and plays potties and puts her back in. We have made no progress with the housetraining. Is all this normal?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome!
Please share photos if you can.

I can't respond to this directly as we have not used a crate w/ our boys, however, you'll probably get some input. There are several threads on here about different crate issues and advice on help. I'm not a very patient person, so I've searched on here for many subjects I was looking for help on and found it.

Having a puppy is a lot like having an infant in the house. Hang in there, she'll grow fast and w/ consistency and training you'll get into a rhythm.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Could try a sheet over the crate with the front left open. She is also only 9 weeks, will have to be taken out "a lot" for bathroom breaks.

The fact that she is fine overnight in the crate at that age is a huge plus. She probably hears your husband and wonders why she can't be out there too. Just be consistent and it will come around. You might be expecting a little too much for a 9 week old.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I crate train. Sounds on target to me. Three weeks is my limit of sleep deprivation but sounds like yours is already sleeping thru the night so that is good. I had to take mine out at least 1x. Don't give in to the whining or you will lose in the end. My dogs stay quiet in their crate until I am ready for them and that includes when I first get up in the morning, take care of other dogs and make my cup of coffee. They just lie there quiet and that is because I didn't quit. Every two hours out of crate at that age is good for potty but she needs playtime too, then potty and back to crate. At that age I fed 3x a day though two is sufficient. I cover the crate with a blanket and use a radio. Our crate has always been in the kitchen where the most traffic is. I did not want to be quiet as to not wake the puppy I wanted them to learn normal household noise. It will get better. * our boxer did l2ike snuggle time during the day and would often sleep on our lap for awhile before being put again in the crate. They are very much people dogs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chain dog training.

Once he is blissful touching the goal ball this behaviour can without problems be transferred to other objects. Floor standing goal sticks are additionally ideal for distance work. Where your dog may additionally want to work away from you handy for canine agility dog sports but other conditions too.

For more information click the link bellow
http://dogstrainingtools.com/2018/04/26/choke-chains-dog-training/\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts