Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Teezy, and I have just recently got myself a puppy boxer.  It is my first Boxer, and also my first own dog.  I used to have a poodle when i was growing up but this is my own dog now and i wanted something a little better then a poodle so i got a boxer, and already i am totally in love with boxers i will definitly get more through out my life.  I was just wondering if anyone had any really good advice on bathroom training, or on chewing and biting.  My little guy seems to just look for anything possible to get in to.  But for the 3 weeks i have had him he has already made so much progress.  I can tell he is going to be a little angel.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to boxer forums!! Congrats on your little guy, he's adorable. What's his name?
If you do a search for some of your questions, I'm sure you'd find some answers. This board has been loaded with new people and puppies lately, I can just smell the puppy breath! Welcome again!  :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, my little boxer's name is Ricky. I named him Ricky because I used to have a dog named Lucy that I named from the I Love Lucy show, and now i have a male and I named him Ricky after Lucy's husband Ricky Ricardo.  He is a 12 week old brindle boxer.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
He looks like a Ricky!!  :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
such a cute boxer!  as far as chewing and biting, i would just be sure to have plenty of chew toys on hand; teething ones are good (you can microwave or put them in the freezer.

welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oo he is a cutie..
I am also new to owning and my lil girl is almost 12 weeks now and she is doing incredible with learning the "house rules"
I have four children and so far no problems *knocks on wood*
she is still learning potty training but I've been told that untill after 12 weeks its almost an impossibility but Roxi (my lil girl Boxer) does extremely well with only few minor accidents.. that and she just listens so well to tone and whats being said.. sometimes I think she's half human
well good luck to you and if I could give any advice its just consitancy no matter what you are trying to teach your lil one just be consitant

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you and Little Ricky, love the name and the story behind it....We have a bunch of new puppies on here and there are a lot of threads regarding biting, chewing and housebreaking..If you haven't already, I would suggest a crate to work on the housebreaking issue...Chewing,,keep lots of good toys for him to bite, baby Kongs are the best and a good way to occupy them too...The biting, I broke Buck of that in 2 days, just by lightly tapping his nose and repeating "no"...Sometimes it take longer and that approach doesn't always work....

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, that's what we all are here for..To learn..And don't forget to get lots and lots of pics.... :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts