Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello there! we have been doing alot of juicing with veggies and fruits over the past month or so, and the dogs are so totally crazy about veggies and fruits that i decided to check out some recipes that might be able to use the leftover pulp. i found a few recipes, but ended up basically making up my own. i used the pulp from making some carrot juice and oh boy do they love these treats!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh! the recipe would really help i guess!!! lol

4 cups carrot pulp
2 eggs
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 cup old fashioned oats

mix all together well; it will look kind of like a dry tuna salad mixture.

roll into walnut size balls (i have a 2oz cookie scoop that i use), placing on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. (they will not spread out, so you can put them about an inch apart and be fine).

bake at 300F for 30 minutes, then turn them over and bake another 30 minutes.

when you've made them all (makes approx 50 treats with my scoop), place them all in a baking pan, put in oven, and set oven to 200F and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours to finish drying them out.

note: depending on how crisp you want them, will determine how long you leave them in. if you are going to end up leaving them moist, make sure they get used soon; share them with your doggie friends!

if you don't want to use eggs, you can substitute a ripe, mashed banana or some applesauce.

there ya go! they are really awesome!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Mine would probably like them. I wish I were more crafty. I am just NOT LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh! the recipe would really help i guess!!! lol

4 cups carrot pulp
2 eggs
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 cup old fashioned oats

mix all together well; it will look kind of like a dry tuna salad mixture.

roll into walnut size balls (i have a 2oz cookie scoop that i use), placing on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. (they will not spread out, so you can put them about an inch apart and be fine).

bake at 300F for 30 minutes, then turn them over and bake another 30 minutes.

when you've made them all (makes approx 50 treats with my scoop), place them all in a baking pan, put in oven, and set oven to 200F and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours to finish drying them out.

note: depending on how crisp you want them, will determine how long you leave them in. if you are going to end up leaving them moist, make sure they get used soon; share them with your doggie friends!
best juicers for celery if you don't want to use eggs, you can substitute a ripe, mashed banana or some applesauce.

there ya go! they are really awesome!
yeah, really good recipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts