Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sort of new to Boxer Forums, but wanted to introduce myself and our beloved boxer Lilli. Lilli is 4 years old but still thinks she is a puppy, with the exception that she tires more easily, so walks are shorter and rests are longer. We travel a lot so are fortunate to have found a no-cage Dog Resort here in town that she loves to go to. In face, when we turn down the road to the 'Resort' she starts whining in anticipation and can't wait to get out of the car. She gets a report card when we pick her up, and we learn what activities she likes (playing with x,y,z dogs, following humans, massages, etc.) So we feel comfortable when we travel that she is well cared for. I am trying to attach a picture of her on her own pool lounge chair which she enjoys when we are on our lounge chairs. She knows it is hers and heads right for it, enjoying the company. Obviously she is spoiled, in fact one of our friends gave us a plaque that says 'Home of the worlds most spoiled dog'. We do have her on a good diet, she gets exercised, knows her basic commands and behaves extremely well. That is emphasized when we take walks and other dog owners are amazed at her manners as she sits and waits until released to talk to other dogs or people. She also knows 'Be Nice' which is her cue to settle down when we have new guests, but is also a welcome barker when we have new or different people coming up to the house or yard. I hope to see many interesting topics here in the Forum, and will be subscribing to various threads.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am sort of new to Boxer Forums, but wanted to introduce myself and our beloved boxer Lilli. Lilli is 4 years old but still thinks she is a puppy, with the exception that she tires more easily, so walks are shorter and rests are longer. We travel a lot so are fortunate to have found a no-cage Dog Resort here in town that she loves to go to. In face, when we turn down the road to the 'Resort' she starts whining in anticipation and can't wait to get out of the car. She gets a report card when we pick her up, and we learn what activities she likes (playing with x,y,z dogs, following humans, massages, etc.) So we feel comfortable when we travel that she is well cared for. I am trying to attach a picture of her on her own pool lounge chair which she enjoys when we are on our lounge chairs. She knows it is hers and heads right for it, enjoying the company. Obviously she is spoiled, in fact one of our friends gave us a plaque that says 'Home of the worlds most spoiled dog'. We do have her on a good diet, she gets exercised, knows her basic commands and behaves extremely well. That is emphasized when we take walks and other dog owners are amazed at her manners as she sits and waits until released to talk to other dogs or people. She also knows 'Be Nice' which is her cue to settle down when we have new guests, but is also a welcome barker when we have new or different people coming up to the house or yard. I hope to see many interesting topics here in the Forum, and will be subscribing to various threads.
Welcome! She looks so peaceful.
I'm with you, I agree boxers are meant to be spoiled- trained, and given the best life possible.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Welcome! Shes gorgeous! All black?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Actually ... there are no Black "Boxers." The gene for the color Black, does not exist in Boxers. True Boxers that appear to be Black are actually Reverse Dark Brindles. In the right light you can see the brown stripes. But for the most part those dogs appear Black.

You won't find a legitimate breeder selling Black Boxers? But that does not necessarily mean they can't be found?? Breed in a Black lab for that "color" and then breed back to Boxer for a few generations to be true to type and you'd have your "Black Boxer." Breed characteristics maybe different but such a dog would look like a "Boxer." Only a DNA test could tell.

It happens ... cause you know, "people do stuff." :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts