Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new here.  My name is Anne and my boyfriend Eric and I have a big ol' Boxer named Tank (100 lbs).  I also own 2 Italian Greyhounds and Eric has a Shiba Inu.  I'm outnumbered big-time because they're all boys :)

Tank is 2 yrs old.  We got him in January when his previous owner was trying to find a home for him but gave up and was going to take him to the pound.  Sight-unseen (Eric had meet Tank on several occasions), I agreed we'd take Tank in but we'd find a home for him.  Boy was I surprised when I saw how big Tank was!  Sure Eric said he was big but he didn't say he was BIG.  

Anyways, Tank is the nicest dog.  Almost embarrassing how something so large can be such a Momma's boy and such a baby.  He might possibly be the least aggressive dog I've ever met.  He gets along great with the little dogs and we even had a stray kitty living with us for 3 weeks until we found her a home and of course he had to be best friends with kitty.

Tank is our first Boxer.  I grew up around Boxers but had never owned one and honestly thought I never would because of the drool.  I actually said "no" at first to even getting Tank but then I felt bad that a doggy was going to the pound so I caved and now I wouldn't have it any other way.  We've even talked about getting another Boxer sometime.    

Tank is a dark reddish fawn with a black mask and a white chest and feet and a little white on his face.  

I'll post some pictures once I figure out how to navigate around here.  
Anne & The Gang

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Weclome! you have a crew dont ya?? 8O glad that you saved the boy from going to the pound, and i am glad that you have decided to keep him and not let a little drool stop you  :wink:  if you have any questions feel free to ask. we are friendly here and are also picture addicts, so post as soon as you can!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome Anne, Eric, and crew! Glad that you could join us. Sounds like there's never a dull moment at your house!  :winkle:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you and your gang, and my what a gang it is.....Never a dull moment around your house I bet...Good for you for keeping that lovely boy, sounds like he has fit right in with all his fur cousins...As for the drool, well, what can I say? Something you get used to... :)

Look forward to hearing more about all the adventures and yes, we do love pictures...If you need any help, let me know as far as posting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts