Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this great forum and figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Krissy and me and my b/f just adopted a boxer from our local animal shelter. His name is Lucian and is approx 5 yrs old and 102lbs. He was found as a stray in Newark, NJ and was transferred down to my shelter. I was told that he was neutered when found and when I was looking at him in the kennel I asked him if he wanted to go home and he perked up and started crying and thats how he won me over. On further inspection of him I learned that he knows sit, paw and speak. It's sad to know that someone took the time to raise and train him and just either lost interest or gave up looking for this wonderful dog. Oh well hes in good hands and has a forever home now. Not sure if we're keeping the name because thats the one the shelter gave him and he doesnt recognize it anyway. Here's the shelter pic of him I'll put up more later this week.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well bless your hearts and a big welcome!  Glad you decided to rescue.  Some of the rescues are the best dogs!  He is beautiful and quite big for being abandoned.  You can change his name if you like...just find one that he answers too.  They are never too old to be taught things.  Boxers are extremely smart animals!

We look forward to see more pictures and hearing about your new guy!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
What a handsome guy!! :D
Welcome to the forums, and kudos to you for rescuing!!!  :yes:
So glad this wonderful guy has found his forever home. I don't think you will be sorry you've taken him home. Boxer's really do just aim to please!

Welcome again!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..He's a handsome guy and I'm surprised that he's as well fed as he is. Generally rescues tend to be a bit in the skin side, or worse....By all means, if you don't like his name and esp as he's not responding to it, change it...He really doesn't look like a Lucian anyways..Lol....

Kudos to you for rescuing, I'm a huge advocate of rescue as 2 of mine were rescued...They make the most awesome friends, companions, you name it....

Look forward to seeing more of the big guy.... :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Congrats on the new dog! Boxers are the best-that is why we are here. I just adopted a 2 yr old from a breeder. We changed her name and it only took her about a day and a half to recognize the new name not the old one. I am sure your big man is just as smart and will learn quickly. Good luck and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
37 Posts
congraduation of your boxer. i resued 2 of mine thu a shelter and bought mine last one a week ago she is 9 weeks old when i got her. he is well fed.lol,...good luck on the name and welcome . boxers are wonderful dogs and do well with kids.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
samsonsmom\";p=\"4832 said:
Welcome to the forum..He's a handsome guy and I'm surprised that he's as well fed as he is. Generally rescues tend to be a bit in the skin side, or worse....By all means, if you don't like his name and esp as he's not responding to it, change it...He really doesn't look like a Lucian anyways..Lol....

Kudos to you for rescuing, I'm a huge advocate of rescue as 2 of mine were rescued...They make the most awesome friends, companions, you name it....

Look forward to seeing more of the big guy.... :)
Ok I took some pics yesterday during his first day home. A lot of the dogs there were 'well fed' lol I think its because when they're there long enough they get depressed and just lay in the kennels. He's been there since mid october and was depressed I was told. I'm sure he'll slim down in no time. He seems well behaved so far and loves to play. He also wanted to be near us 24/7 yesterday it was cute. Just hope he's gonna be fine during the day while we're at work. Guess I'll find out tonight.

·
Registered
107 Posts
For sure he'll be ok when he understands you'll be back after some time, my boxer waits for me in the balcony and he hears my jeep from 2 blocks away, dont worry he'll be fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here he is when I found him at the shelter

And here he is his first day home, dont mind the house we just moved in and we had to renovate it.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Awww, he's so cute! Looks like he is feeling right at home..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts