Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

New from NY

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  SemisweetVixen 
#1 ·
[align=center]Hello, everyone!

My name is Sara & I'm thrilled to have come across this site. It looks absolutely wonderful... I also spot a few people I know from BoxerCentral.com (I'm SemisweetVixen on there)! I will be owned by a gorgeous little girl soon & I can't wait. I will be picking her up next week from the airport. HURRAY! I've decided to name her Prada (I can't help it, I like to be a bit unique)!  8)

Here's some pics of her from the breeder - more can be found on my personal website (check out my profile for the URL). You can also see she's being quite festive in my avatar! *haha* I love her already!! ♥
[/align]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Omg, she is absolutely gorgous..Then again, I'm a sucker for puppies....Welcome to the forum...How exciting for you..Prada arrives on a plane...She's already a traveler at her tender age..Lol....Can't wait to hear more about her and how everything goes....Feel free to jump in with questions, comments, but by all means, don't forget the pictures..... :)

#8 ·
Hello and WELCOME!! We are from NY too. We are about 2 1/2 hours from you! May I ask what breeder you got her from? You can PM me if you like lol Im sure Ill have more questions about shipping ect because Im looking into getting a new pup late this year! Her litter is absolutely gorgeous!!

JessiesMom looks like you are a little over 4 1/2 hours away from her!

She sure is a cutie! :D

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! Muchos appreciatos!! *hehe*

JessiesMom :: If you've never heard of Fly Creek, NY, you've probably heard of Cooperstown, NY (National Baseball Hall of Fame). I'm about 10 mins. out of Cooperstown... half hour from Oneonta, NY .. hour & 1/2 or so from Albany, NY... & 4-5 hrs. from New York City. I hope that gives you a better idea. *heh* So, I'm in Upstate NY.

RoxyGirl22 :: Dutchess County, NY - very cool. I've never been there myself, but I have heard of it. As for the breeder, she's just a family-owned & raised breeder that only has a litter every now & then. She's located in Petrolia, PA (about 7 & 1/2 hrs. from me). Since I don't plan to ever show my girl (she's going to be strictly a pet), I searched for a pup that was more in my price range & not too far away from me. I located her on PuppyFinder.com (great site)! And Jennifer is a wonderful person to talk to. She was very patient w/my million questions & has sent me tons of pics to keep me happy until I have her home with me. *heh* She just contacted me today & has said that little Prada's flight is booked for arrival on March 14th. *HURRAY* And BTW, your girl, Roxy, is just gorgeous!! I'm such a sucker for the flashies!! :D

Attachments

#10 ·
She is soo gorgeous! I bought my girl from a breeder in PA!! It was a 6 1/2 hour drive one way and about 9 hours back lol Had to stop a few times for potty breaks and of course had to  stop and show everyone :) !!!!!!!!! :roll:  What I wouldnt do to get my little girl home :D Im looking to get a fawn boy next year sometime!

#12 ·
*hehe* With gas prices nowadays & my busy schedule (I work full-time & own 3 horses), it was quite hard for me to fathom making the trip. I know it's supposed to be warmer next week (up in the 50's), so I'm not worried about her travelling by air. I just got an update from her breeder, Jennifer, & her flight has been booked for arrival @ 6PM on March 14th. OMG, the last week of waiting is just going to kill me! *haha* I keep looking at her empty crate every day & her food bowls... *heh*... I also have a custom-made collar coming my way for her... it's a designer type & will have her initial 'P' embriodered on it. I think it'll fit her w/her name being Prada & all! Oh the things we do for our fur babies, no?!  :D

RoxyGirl :: I have a feeling I won't want to stop with just one Boxer myself! Lord knows I'm a sucker for more than one animal. Had four cats at one time & now I'm down to two (found great homes for the other two - they were strays that I took in). And especially with horses. My goodness, I've got 3 now.. and I'm still checking out the classifieds on a weekly basis! *ha* I think such could be considered a sickness!!  :lol:

Thanks again to everyone for the awesome comments. It's amazing how in love I can be w/a picture already!!

Attachments

#13 ·
I swear every time I see that little ones picture, I just melt...She is the sweetest looking little girl...Sounds like you are all ready for her arrival...She'll do fine Mom...Heck mine flew from Cali to Ireland and did rather well....

As far as getting another,,,Oh heck yes...They are much better in two's..Keep each other entertained....And also good company for each other too... :) We recently introduced our 10 yr old Samson to his baby sister Angel, who's 15 mos and it's been hectic, but wonderful also....

#15 ·
Imagine what I do, Willow! *chuckles* Her little eyes just seem to be saying, *SQUISH* ME MOMMY!! *haha* And as for getting another, although I would do so in a heartbeat, our house is quite small - I don't think it would be fair to squeeze yet another pup in the picture. My fiancee & I hope to be getting a bigger place soon - just what we need... a higher mortgage payment!! *ha* As for now I'm sure I'll have my hands full w/her & my horses. Lord knows they always want my attention too.. *lol* .. I swear, horses are truly just like big, furry kids!

Instructor :: Yeah, I like the Cooperstown area. I mean, it's small & you're in the middle of nowhere, really... but I love the country. Our little town is slowly but surely growing into one big massive city.. it's sad, really. Every year more & more countryside is demolished to put up houses. *sighs* Ahh well... best enjoy it while we can. Thanks for the comments! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.