Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: New from Oklahoma here!

[size=117:1cmhhiv1][align=center] I am a NEW user as well in Oklahoma. I was introduced to this site by Grammie? I really love it. I currently have 4 Boxers. Yes, thats right! no typo... 4!!

I brought Bison at a flea market as a suprise for my Fiancee. He was really happy. Bison is quite a charater. He is 4mo months as of today. I am sad that he doesn't have any papers. Then in the long run, it doesn't matter.

Next is Dakota ( est. 12wk)... After Bison, we thought about getting another Boxer. Out of the blue a lady emailed me saying that her friend had a Boxer the needed a home for free. So I called her friend and turned out the dog was being neglected. She said her sister left it at her parents house for 7 months and failed to come and get the dog. So she just sat. We setup a date to meet but the lady never showed. 1wk passed, still know word...so we adopted Dakota at the OKC Animal Shelter. Only $25.00. They had here labeled as a Pitbull so she was there for about 1.5 wks before decided to adopt her. We adopted her on Feb 04, 2008. Turn out thta she had an upper respitory infection, therefore she couldnt come home. Everyday up until they had her temp fostered, I would swing by and tell her "dont worry...we are coming back for you."

While waiting on Dakota, the Lady called me back to see if i still wanted, whom we now call, Madame Rouge (8-9 months). We met and fell in love with her right away. Her coat wasnt flashy...and if you would glide your hand along her back globs of hair would fall out. She is better now. After we got Rouge we got the call that Dakota was ready. We finally got her home on April 4th. Finally!! after 2 whole months.

I then had my 3 Boxers... you'd think. LOL! I saw an ad for a free Boxer with a weed cutter line tired around her neck. I immediately called the people up to get her since they live a few blocks away. When we met, she still had the somewhat collar around her neck. (I wll post picks later on the collar). they even acknowledged that they neglected her.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Re: New from Oklahoma here!

What a wonderful family, can't wait to hear more stories about all of them.  I am so envious, I would love to have 4.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, that's a houseful! Welcome to the forum, your babies are cute

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Holey moley!! You have a big boxer family, don't ya?
They are all great!
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Holy cow man, FOUR! That is sooo cool. COngrats to you all and welcome.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome! Those are some beautiful babies you have! Kudos to you on rescuing them and giving them the great home they deserve.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!   Way to go on rescuing all those babies!  With 4 I'm sure you'll have lots of stories.  They are all adorable!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
wow... that is some chain of events! LOL!

Welcome!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Wow, what a great rescue story!!

Your boxer family really grew quickly! Congratulations.

G

·
0 Posts
hi poetrist!!  when you said you had 4 boxers email, i didn't realize you had 4 under 1.5 yrs old!!! omg you are a saint to rescue them all.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

SO glad to have another okie on here.  we have enough for a boxer bash! ;)

poetrist and i met last week responding to my lost dog ad on craigslist for a boxer that has been lost since Jan '07.  We never give up looking for charlie  and i repost the ad every 45 days.  his mommy lauren misses him!

nice to hear more about you poetrist!  i knew you'd feel right at home here ;-)

sounds like red dirt boxer rescue could use you as a volunteer!   you have such a heart for rescue no doubt :)

Welcome new friend!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[align=center]I would like to thank everyone for the warmth love that I recieved. This is really a nice site.

Well...I finally found the pictures of the collar that Storm was wearing when she was turned over to me. Also keep in mind that she is now est. 1.5yrs and this collar was on her as a pup on up.

[flash width=250 height=250]http://apps.rockyou.com/rockyou.swf?instanceid=112184758[/flash][/align]

G

·
0 Posts
omg poetrist that collar was a death trap!!

ppl are insane to use fishing line to enlarge a collar.  :evil:

bet they have no trouble springing for a 6 pack, but a $4. collar is too much bother!

thank you for saving your 4 babies  :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow way to go !!!

UHMM I THINK HUBBY NEEDS TO GO HOME TO LAWTON ON LEAVE FOR ANOTHER BOXER JEEZ...OK SEEMS TO HAVE ALOT...

grammie email me a few boxers would ya? hehe

G

·
0 Posts
[quote="Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama";p="121454"

grammie email me a few boxers would ya? hehe[/quote]

my son's g/f just got back from hawaii monday!!  went for a funeral.

wish i could email you one!  

is it really a 6 mo rabies wait to import a dog there?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
there ARE ways around it but the only one ive heard so far is being a service dog..they dont sit in quaretine but still have to be a certain age cleared of all rabies

or if the pups come froma rabies free place

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Welcome from Seattle! What an ANGEL you are for being a forever home for your four babies!!! They are so fortunate!! They are just beautiful and I loved your touching stories...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts