Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
My name is Rafael and I'm the proud parent of Canelo. He is my baby boy. I love him dearly. Canelo is five years old, still as playfull as when he was the cutest puppy. when he was three he developed a sist on his lip. I took him to the vet, we had to get it removed, $1374.00 later thank God it wasent cancerouse. Now im scared people, i was playing with canelo and noteced a big lump in his left ear.  i rarely pay attention to the ears, they are not croped so ive never seen it before. i cleaned his ear and checked the other. No apparent bump on the other. I put some tripple anti biotic on his lump. Does anyone have any experience with this????? please help if you can.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It could possibly be a bug bite!!!!! But Id have it looked at by your vet!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree with RoxyGirl22, it could be a bite or if he hit his ear, it could be just a hematoma. But, being a boxer, any lump and bump should be looked at by a vet. Good Luck and welcome to  the site.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
With Canelo's history I would definitely be overly cautious & take that sweetie in to the vet...More than likely it's nothing, but better to be safe..Everytime I find the littlest bump on Samson, I worry, so far, thay have all gone away in a couple days..

Keep us posted & welcome to the site

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree, I'd take him in to have it looked at. Better be safe than sorry, especially where those lumpies are concerned!

I'm not sure of why it cost so much to have it removed though. Was it in a spot that was difficult for the vet to get to? I had a lump removed from one of my bitch's hocks and the bill came up to about $500 (after they had to resuture her twice because she kept breaking it open :roll: ). $1,374 just seems pretty pricey to me. . .

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Depending on if you have the ears cropped or not, does he shake his head with floppy ears? I say take him to the Vet, Newt had what they call a Hystiocytoma on her neck (a lump) which turned out to be nothing and healed within a week, but nonetheless I took her to the vet anyway... If anything it eases your mind! Im sure its nothing serious! I worry and poke and prod Newt all the time with her New health issues, I think perhaps sometimes if we love our dogs to death we can worry ourselves to death! Take your baby to the vet and Im sure it will be just fine! Keep us Updated! Good luck to you! :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  I agree with everyone else about taking him to the vet, hopefully it will be nothing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts