Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited long time to get this boxer but at the same time i am concerned. I went visiting my future pup and he looked quit skinny. It is a well knowed breeder and he told me Because of the warm weather the pup had suffered from his deworming. When i watch pictures from 4 weeks boxers this ones head looks a bit too pointy. I hope this wil not affect him later. I added picture to show this cutie. Is this ok? This is my first boxer so it is all new to me

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your puppy is so cute. He has a beautiful face. Nice mask.
He will fill in as he grows. As long as your vet has checked
him and told you he is fine enjoy his puppyhood.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
It's routinely referred to as an egghead, lol....which is pretty normal in puppies. It will flatten out as he matures :)

As for him being skinny, deworming should have no effect on that but heat can cause puppies to not want to eat as much as they should. Which is why we keep our puppies in a temperature controlled room. We let them have access outside when it's cooler, so in the mornings and later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What a cute little egghead! Can't wait to hear all about him when he finally comes home. Have you picked a name for him yet?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I love the big feet, and the fawn color. He looks normal. If he's had diarrhea from worming, make sure he drinks enough water "often", and is not getting dehydrated. The vet can give him fluids sub-q if needed. They can dehydrate quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the loving words, we just got him two days ago and we named him Quint, he changed already a lot and it is a wonderfull and healthy dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts