Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone my name is kyle 25 years old  and picking up my first ever puppy in 2 days, male brindle the name i picked for him is brice (just really liked it).had a question. what should i start him out on for eating, and then what and when should i switch him to ( recommended)\
here are some pics of him sofar
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/02gti/brice/brice.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome from your New York neighbor. In the forum section under food tips and diet info you should be able to find a lot of info. With Boxers its kind of trial and error as to what foods work for them. Good Luck :D Your new baby is a cutie :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
find out what he is eating from the breeder and continue on that for a couple of weeks. From there pick a food you think is good and slowly transition him to the new one. Sometimes it is a lot for them to do all at once....leaving mom..littermates..then a new house with all new smellls and rules and learning to sleep without his family..switching food as well right off the bat could be a bit much. good luck he is a cutie.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Brice looks soooo cute! can't wait to see more pics of him and hear all about him!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
:-h

Ohhhhhhh theres nothing more adorable then a Boxer babby, he is just toooo cute. :love:

They grow so quickly though so make the most of the little puppy days

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D
Donya said what I was gonna say! :wink:
I would add to look through the puppy section here on the forums.  Lots of good info there on what to have on hand and what to expect! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on being owned by a Boxer...Your life will never be the same :lol: I would definitely keep using the same food as the breeder for a couple weeks at least. Let Brice get used to his new place and the slowly start transitioning him to a food of your choice..There are a couple good Sticky topics i the food section that may help you as far as deciding what to feed, keeping this in mind, what works for one, doesn'tnecessarily work for another...YOu MAY have to try a few different foods before you get one that agrees with Brice...A good all stages food is always a good choice, like Canidae, but there are a lot of good puppy foods as well you can choose...Just an FYI, Boxers are not a large breed dog, they are considered medium, and don't get fooled by the special breed foods either...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Jerseyan - Brice is just adorable ... puppies are just too darn cute!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome. Brice is adorable!  :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!  You will learn sooo much here.  OMG!  Brice is absolutely adorable!  Congratulations on your new boxer baby!  Can't wait to see many more pics and here all about him when he comes home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts