Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this forum because we are planning to adopt a rescued boxer very soon.  I've already been reading books and websites and talking to boxer owners at the dog show.  I hope to learn a lot more here about the breed and about the adoption process and what to expect when adopting a rescue.  All that good stuff!  And hopefully, it won't be long until I can share some pictures of our future boxer friend.

Erika

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums, Jetta, Oscar and I all hail from Idaho, but I have lots of family in Michigan =)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome from warm sunny San Antonio!. This is a wonderful place to get TONS of information about your new pet. You'll enjoy the people on the forum , and learn alot about the breed!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to the forum! Kudos for you for going the rescue route. I am a firm believer that the rescues go that extra mile to please their new owners, I think it's their mission.  :D  I have a rescue and I believe that's the only route I would go from now on. Feel free to jump right in with any questions or comments you may have!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have to agree with Lisa, my rescues always seem to want to do anything to please me and are just so grateful to have a forever home....Good luck in your search and of course we will expect pics of the new addition  :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome aboard... and best of luck to you w/your adoption process! I hope you don't have to wait too long. Kudos to you on doing your research first! :thumbup:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome!! I am from Michigan as well. I see your from SE MI which means not far from me, I am in Saline near Ann Arbor. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from WI, so happy to hear you are planning to rescue.  Kiah is a rescue and I plan to rescue a male in the next month or so.  Please don't be discouraged if at first you apply for a dog and get turned down, they are very careful about matching the right dog into the right home and you may not understand their reasoning.  It took me almost 3 months during my rescue process before they placed Kiah with me and it was a perfect match so the wait was well worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts