Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, New to the forum and new to the boxer breed. Have not exactly got him yet, hes still too young to come home, but May 26th is the magic day. My wife and I live in Tokyo Japan, and we're here on assignment with the USAF! We got lucky enough to meet a couple here in which the guys wife is Japanese, they are boxer owners and knew of a very good breeder in the area. So, long story short, our new friends interpreted for us and we will soon be the proud parents of a baby boy fawn of show quality. Aparently his daddy is a special champion either here in japan or through the AKC, i couldnt quite understand where he competed, but nontheless, in a few short weeks i can smile again. I was a previous pitbull owner, of the best pitbull ever, we were told we could not bring him to japan because of the negative image they have, so i had to leave him with a good friend of mine (the only friend of mine the pooch loved as much as me and wifey). I miss my big buddy and have always loved boxers, and this feller can go to any base with me. Sorry for the novel but thanks for reading, and looking forward to posting and interacting with you all.

Sorry no pics yet but as soon as we get him home i will deff. be putting up proud father pics!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure everyone here will agree with me that you sure picked a good breed! They are so amazingly loving....a perfect companion. Fawns are beautiful (and so are brindles)...check out my little girl (who's not so little anymore.) God bless you being in the USAF! Take care and keep us posted!

·
Registered
159 Posts
can't wait to see the pics. It really sucks how people so easily believe the LIES the media spreads about Pit Bulls. They are hands down one of the best family dogs around. But you'll love your boxer too. We have an all white male named Petey with a brindle patch on his left eye (just like Petey off of the little rascals). hope you can put up some pics of your bully too!!!!--Rich

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you and what a great story.Glad you picked a boxer, we all think they are the best...They will make you laugh, make you cry and sometimes question your sanity, but I for one wouldn't trade a minute of it...Go thru our puppy section, there is a lot of good advice and info that could be of help to you...

I know you can't wait for him to arrive...I'm assuming by your name, you are calling him Hiruko, would I be correct? Can't wait to see pictures, we all love those puppy pictures

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, we are going to name him Hiruko, Hiruko is a Japanese god, and its meaning is god of the morning sun, and protector of the health of little children. Since i have two little humans its works perfectly!

·
Registered
109 Posts
welcome. you will love the boxers. i own 3 boxers. they are good with my kids...

i have a white boxer pup with a bridle patch over right eye, and 2 fawns adults...

welcome and enjoy the forum .. i love to read on here...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to Boxer Forums!! Can't wait to meet little Hiruko and see plenty of pictures. I'm sure Hiruko and your two little skinkids will be the best of friends. How old are your little ones? Looking forward to the fun stories once Hiruko comes home!  :D

Lisa

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will love it here. Everyone is super nice!! Boxers are AWESOME! I'm sorry to hear about your pitbull. I had a friend stationed in Okinawa and they weren't allowed to take their pitbull over either. It was heartbreaking... even for me. I'm so sorry! You'll find the next couple of wks to take FOREVER. I saw Odin at 5wks old and I had to wait till he was 8wks... sheer torture!!! Nice to meet you... welcome and make sure you post pics of your pitbull too!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts