Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just joining! We had a 7 year old Boxer who passed away last August, and will be receiving our two new Boxer puppies on Tuesday!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome. VERY cute furbabies!

We have two from the same litter (now 3.5 years-old) and they were easy to train. I agree with the advice and your plan of having separate time for training and other activities. One of the reasons we recently got boxer puppy (other than me feeling we needed another furkid) was so when one of our older boys pass, the other won't be alone.

Kaco boxers- Thanks for sharing the article on litter mate-syndrome. It is interesting and like many we had never heard of it.

It sounds like we were lucky with our two boys from the same litter. They are mostly well adjusted and other than having their separate personalities they've had since we got them, they seem normal. I say mostly because our alpha got along with other dogs when he was younger, and he is still OK with slow introductions, but he will bark and growl at many new dogs he sees. Not all, but many.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome. VERY cute furbabies!

We have two from the same litter (now 3.5 years-old) and they were easy to train. I agree with the advice and your plan of having separate time for training and other activities. One of the reasons we recently got boxer puppy (other than me feeling we needed another furkid) was so when one of our older boys pass, the other won't be alone.

Kaco boxers- Thanks for sharing the article on litter mate-syndrome. It is interesting and like many we had never heard of it.

It sounds like we were lucky with our two boys from the same litter. They are mostly well adjusted and other than having their separate personalities they've had since we got them, they seem normal. I say mostly because our alpha got along with other dogs when he was younger, and he is still OK with slow introductions, but he will bark and growl at many new dogs he sees. Not all, but many.
I'm glad that your boxers got along but didn't show signs of littermare syndrome! I hope our boys are the same. So far, they definitely like each other and get along, but love to play with us, too. They were playing fetch with my son earlier and interacting with him just fine on their own. I hope it stays that way!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts