Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Leyla, and I am the proud new mom of a boxer pup named Butchie.  

We recently rescued Butchie from an abusive, neglectful situation....he is only 5-6 weeks old :(  This included being chained in a basement (I know, makes you want to explode) and being taken from his mother before being properly weaned.  I have been supplementing with puppy milk replacement formula, as well as a high quality soft puppy food.   We know for sure that his mom is a purebred boxer female, but no-one can tell us for sure who his father is.  Ive rescued a lot of puppies over the years, and adopted them out to good homes after nursing them back to health etc....but Butchie has completely stolen my heart, so he stays with us for good :)  By the look of him, I'd say he has a LOT of boxer in him, but with him being so young, it's hard to tell just yet.  We also have a 9 year old lab/boxer mix named Zoey, a 7 year old retriever mix named hannah, a 3 year old english bulldog named Nigel, and a 1 year old great pyrenees named Falcor (who Butchie has taken to really well).  Fortunately we also have a big house with a few acres of land! lol

Here is a pic of Butchie taken yesterday.... sorry it's a bit scratchy...crappy camera ;)

Enjoy :)

Ley xxxx

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!!  Butchie is just the cutest little guy!  I love his face and his coloring!!  So glad you rescued him from that awful situation!  What horrible people to leave him like that! (Sorry if they're friends or family).  Makes me sad to hear stories like that!
Can't wait to see more pictures and hear stories about Butchie and your entire clan! :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome Leyla, Butchie, and crew!  :)

It sounds as if Butchie came out of a terrible environment. I'd like to chain this person in a basement with no food or water and see how they come out. What is wrong with people?
Kudos to you for rescuing him. :clap:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww, thanks for the welcome :)

Thankfully the people we rescued from were not friends or family.  I definitely agree that sometimes a taste of their own medicine is what people like this need.  Here is another pic for you....this is Butchie, and our great pyrenees boy playing yesterday....hard to believe that there is only 11 months between the two of them! lol

Ley xxxx

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
He looks all box to me!! Kudos to you for taking him out of that situation!! WELCOME to the forums too!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome!  I am so glad you got Butchie out of that place.  Can't wait to see more picture of him and the rest of the gang.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas!
Soooo glad you rescued that little fella!  Our Henry is a rescue also.
What a wonderful range of puppy dogs you have!  I'd like to cuddle the Great Pyranees! :D
Z

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome. Oh my, what a sad story but so glad to hear that Butchie has found his forever home with you and your furkids, Sounds like you have a full house, but how fun is that! Feel free to jump in a ny time with any questions you might have and we do love pics, lots of those...Stop in on Wed nite for our training chat & on Sun nite we have an open forum chat...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What a CUTIE! How could anyone be so cruel to a cutie pie like that!!!!!  :x  Glad to hear he's found his forever home. You definitely have a full house. Though the more the merrier right!? lol I think DH would have a heart attack if we had that many... though we seem to be working on it! LOL We love PICS!! So don't be shy!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome!!
I am glad there are people like you out there who are willing to take the steps necessary to protect these wonderful animals!!  Thank You!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
aww bless his little heart, im glad you rescued him!!  he is a cutie and would love to see more pics of all your babies!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!  Glad to hear that you rescued him.  Kudos to you!!!  He is a cutie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts