Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!  My family and I adopted a 10 month old female boxer on Saturday.  We love her.  So far, she has been perfect.  We are waiting for her to show us the "real" Annie.  My son, age 6, named her Annie, after the Star Wars character, Anikon (sp?).  Annie has slept with him every night since Saturday and has not roamed at all.  I never had a dog growing up, so I am not much of a dog lover, but she is working her way into my heart!

I have been reading the posts and most of my questions have been answered.  

Just wanted to introduce myself and Annie.  I am sure I will be lurking a lot!  Once I figure out how to upload a picture I will share her with you.

Thanks for all of the great advice I know I will be getting from you guys!

Michelle :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi and welcome, my name is Luann and I am an owner of 2 boxers Ekim ( MIke spelled backwards ) age 5, and Delila 12 weeks. I always had toy dogs growing up as I was afraid of big dogs, and my husband was not a dog lover. Ekim was my sons dog and when he brought him home we were ready to throw both of them out the door. LOL. Well my son is married and when he moved into his own home Ekim stayed with us. My husband and I could not part with our 3rd child. He goes all over with the two of us, and we love him so much. Never in my wildest dreams would anyone believe that I would have 2 boxers. Since getting Delila 3 weeks ago my husband and I have done nothing but laugh at our 2 fur kids. I don't think that I could ever own any other breed of dogs. Boxers have a way of worming their way into your heart. I wish you luck with Annie, and hope that she makes you as happy as my boxers have made us.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
welcome and congrats on your new baby. you are going to have so much fun with her! :D check the "sticky" topics for info on uploading pics, there is a ton.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Weclome! You are not alone in not being a dog lover and having a boxer work their way into your heart. My wife did not like dogs at all, and add the problem we had with our first dog and she was dead set against another dog. Well, we ended up getting a 5month old male boxer and he has since won her over! His name is Patch and he is awesome.

again, welcome!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kiah and I.  Kiah is a rescue also and my first boxer, they will grab your heart.  I plan to get a second next spring.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'd never had a dog before we got Charlie.  He's now around 20 months old, fawn.  Then we got Sadie this year, she's almost 8 months old white girl. Speaking from experience, Annie will have you whipped quick.  It's amazing how they work there way into your hearts, I consider my dogs in about all I do.  They travel with us, etc.  The only time they've been in a kennel is if the vets have kept them overnight.  Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!  Ya know, I never thought I was a dog person either.  Always thought I was a cat kinda girl!  We had a dog growing up but it stayed outside.  When I met my now husband, he had a boxer.  She was a wild child but I loved her.  She passed about 2 1/2 years ago. I also had a cocker spaniel that passed over the summer.  After our 1st boxer passed I started looking for another one.  I found Mo who was 1 1/2.  I instantly fell in love with her.  She's the best dog EVER!  Well, she made me want another and so came Niko.  We got him from the Humane Society.  He's just wonderful!  Now I love my dogs so much I'm thinking about a 3rd.  And all those years I thought I was a cat person....I don't even have a cat now. LOL!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome!! i have always loved all animals and it didnt take long for the boxer breed to worm its way into my heart.  I will forever have a boxer in my house!! :) Cant wait to see pics and hear wonderful stories. Please feel free to ask questions if you dont find what you are looking for in the previous threads. Also i posted a link to our sticky for how to post pictures. If you have additional question please feel free to ask! :D

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=3612

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Congrats on getting Annie....you'll fall in love with her fast then you'll never be able to imagine your life without her!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum.  I look forward to hearing all about her and seeing some pictures.  You will just love it here!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to Boxer Forums!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Seems like there are a lot of us that weren't really "dog" people, myself included, always had cats growing up...Boxers will steal your heart won't they? I know mine sure have  :) Look forward to hearing more about Annie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts