Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Michelle and I have two beautiful boxers my female is 5 her name is Dixie and of course with a dixie I had to eventually get a Rebel, lol, he is 6 mths old. Dixie is my babygirl she is red with a black mask and is queen of my house, she has always been such a dear not distructive, grew up with my boys and is very protective. Rebel is my boy, he's all boy too, lol, he's more playful and active than she has ever been, hes such a sweetie too loves to be loved on, but when we leave the house and leave him in boy do we come back to a mess and I don't know how to get him to stop tearing up everything if anyone has any suggestions please pass them my way...Rebel is reverse brindle, he's absolutely beautiful!! He's more stocky built and lean than dixie is she's broad always has been. Well now about the rest of the family lol, I have two boys 15 and 10 and a wonderful husband too. We are also thinking about getting into breeding boxers also so if anyone has tips into the best way to go about doing that please let me know. I've been reading and checking out the forum and believe I've joined the right one you seem to really love your boxers and all seem like a family hope to join right in.....

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to add a picture of Rebel too and didn't realize I had to add both pictures at one time so here he is too,,,Sorry!! :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What cuties! Hi and welcome to the forum! You will definitely love it here...

as far as having a little "Destructicon"... I suggest crating while you are not in the house. HOPEFULLY it is something he will just grow out of and crating will keep him safe along with the items in your house. Odin is completely trustworthy now at 8 1/2 months but we still crate him. Maybe one day... I'll let him roam free and see how he does. If I didn't have Kyrie our Catahoula to influence him I would have stopped crating him a long time ago!

On the breeding subject... it can be a touchy one here... I believe there our good posts in here about the right way to go about it. There is a member... Newcastle... she has a website that has great information on it also. I great breeder has to start somewhere right!?? Good luck with deciding whether or not that's something you really want to do!

Look forward to MORE PICS... and crazy stories!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dixie and Rebel are cuties.  There were a lot of discussions on breeding so I would do a search and read them over.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Dixie and Rebel are very cute. You will love it here, there is a lot of great advice and support.

Ditto on the subject of crating and breeding to what Marie (Mastray) said. Can't wait to hear more about your babies!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Definitely I would crate your little Rebel until he gets a bit older. It will keep him safe and your house as well...I would highly recomend, if you are thinking about breeding reading thru the topics in the breeding section and visit Jennifer's (newcastle's) web site..As your girl is 5, the first thing to be done would be to have all health testing done with good results, then if you have a mentor let them advise you on what to do next ie:picking a stud etc.....Bothe your babies are lovely by the way

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum! i think your babies are just adorable. I to am a firm believer in using a crate when not at home. We have always crated no matter what age. Some here have come to a point that they dont crate once the dog is older. Either way it is a personal choice, but while Rebel is young it is worth it to use one....lets you come home to the house they way you left it :D

As for the breeding, i do agree it is a touchy subject on the forum. No one here has a problem with breeding as long as it is done the proper way. I do agree with Marie that every breeder has to start somewhere. As most people are told on the forum, research, research, research! :D I think visiting Jennifers website, and finding a breeder in your are who can be a mentor for you is a GREAT way to start. also make sure you get Dixie properly health tested. Many people are not aware of the different tests that SHOULD be done, they think if the vet says its healthy then that is good enough....and its not.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I got by first boxer about 3 weeks ago and have asked several questions on here and everybody has been very sweet and helped my family out with answers.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome!  :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome to the forum!  Your babies are too cute!  I  also agree with crating while you are not home.  I still crate both of mine...better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Dixie and Rebel are beautiful!  Lola is 10 months and we still crate her when we leave the house...it's a pretty big crate and we make sure she has some nyla bones to chew on to keep her occupied.  I think if we didn't crate her our house would be destroyed!  Good luck!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas again!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Alicia\";p=\"50367 said:
Hello & Welcome!  Dixie and Rebel are beautiful!  Lola is 10 months and we still crate her when we leave the house...it's a pretty big crate and we make sure she has some nyla bones to chew on to keep her occupied.  I think if we didn't crate her our house would be destroyed!  Good luck!

same here! i wouldn't have anything to come home to.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts