Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay!!!! Last Wednesday we finally closed on our first home! Wyatt and I will be moving 240 miles away to move with the bf. We've been searching for a house and enduring the painful process of getting a mortgage (no one told us how NOT fun buying a house could be!) anyways, we found the perfect house with a 43'x100' fenced in back yard! We do need to extend the fencing a little to accommodate a doggy door. We got the bf all moved in this past weekend but I won't officially be out there until June 12(next Friday) with Wyatt.

Just wondering if you all have any recommendations to help make this process easy and stress free for Wyatt and me?! We did read up to keep things "normal." I already took his crate and pad to the house. DJ will take back a few toys with him this weekend. He shouldn't feel compelled to mark bc the owners never had any pets previously and there's brand new carpeting and flooring throughout. Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for or do before moving? Still do my research on vets too.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Congratulations again! :D

The previous owners of our house had dogs. It was clear by all the crap we found in the air ducts after we moved in. Blech! Anyways, Duke never tried to mark at all! I'm sure Wyatt will be fine. He knows potty rules :) As long as you're there with him and your things will be there too, it should smell like home to him. He should adapt well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Congrats Emily!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!! That is sooo exciting! And I am so happy the bf is a keeper 😀 You guys deserve the best :) ESP after what you've went through in the past. I'm sure your dad will miss you, but at least you're not too far to visit often :) I'm sure everything will go great. We are looking for an acreage. Ready to be out of the city :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats Emily!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!! That is sooo exciting! And I am so happy the bf is a keeper 😀 You guys deserve the best :) ESP after what you've went through in the past. I'm sure your dad will miss you, but at least you're not too far to visit often :) I'm sure everything will go great. We are looking for an acreage. Ready to be out of the city :)

Yes! Def a keeper, Wyatt is obsessed with him! And yes, the past was pretty crappy!! Me and my dad don't talk about it much now. It's just over a week away and we avoid the topic as much as possible!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I found my vet! It's actually 5 minutes from where DJ used to live and about 15 from where we will be now. They sound pretty good. There's another one I found too that looks promising. I'll be calling both places this week and asking DJ to ask people at work who they use.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Yay for you Emily; congrats on the new home!! I am sure Wyatt will be just fine as long as he has his peeps with him :clap2:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We moved just across town in February, Duke was awesome he was pretty funny and how excited he was to check out every room, sniffed each and every corner did a very thorough inspection, they had a dog previously I guess, Duke doesn't lift his legs to pee (ever) we have a squatter so we really didn't worry about marking his territory.. We never had a yard until the new place so that was exciting too.. It went very smooth for us, but than again Duke is pretty young the idea of moving didn't phase him.

Now moving the cat was a different story! Holy smokes that was rough. Lol damn cat.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
We moved just across town in February, Duke was awesome he was pretty funny and how excited he was to check out every room, sniffed each and every corner did a very thorough inspection, they had a dog previously I guess, Duke doesn't lift his legs to pee (ever) we have a squatter so we really didn't worry about marking his territory.. We never had a yard until the new place so that was exciting too.. It went very smooth for us, but than again Duke is pretty young the idea of moving didn't phase him.

Now moving the cat was a different story! Holy smokes that was rough. Lol damn cat.
Cats make everything so difficult, don't they? lol

Our Duke still squats too! He'll be 3 in on the 5th and has never once lifted his leg!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Seems you would want to get married first, before getting a house with a man? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, emotionally and financially, sorry to say. "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Protect yourself and be careful.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Congrats!!! Wyatt will be deliriously happy to have you both around!! Your yard sounds great - big enough for psycho-puppy runs.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems you would want to get married first, before getting a house with a man? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, emotionally and financially, sorry to say. "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Protect yourself and be careful.

Well we live 240 miles apart, it's getting financially hard to travel back and forth to see each other for 48 hrs every week it costs about $100 between tolls and gas also not to me til the wear and tear on our vehicles, I put almost 35,000 miles on my car in 1.5 years (since I last got tires)! I also have to leave Wyatt at my dads when I go to see him bc at his apartment he wasn't permitted to have pets. The owners of his building lived across the street so it's not like I could ever sneak him there either. It's hard traveling back and forth. We want to live together first before getting married to make sure we can work together as a team. Divorce isn't anything either of us are wanting. We've also been together for quite sometime and are in our 30's...

I appreciate your $.02 and taking the time to read the post though!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

If I'm not mistaken don't you have a similar situation where your gf will be moving with you from another country???? Practice what you preach buddy!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Are you 40 or were you born in 1940?

First off, it's none of your business. Second of all, your opinion carries as much weight as a bag of feathers. "Protect yourself and be careful"?? She's not moving in with a random stranger! You really don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are you 40 or were you born in 1940?

First off, it's none of your business. Second of all, your opinion carries as much weight as a bag of feathers. "Protect yourself and be careful"?? She's not moving in with a random stranger! You really don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you?
If it is none of my business, or do not want opinions, then do not post it in an open forum.

Dr. Laura has a good book out there called "Ten stupid things women do to mess up their lives" Recommended reading for all young ladies IMHO. One of the tenants, and I see this is a lot, is the mistake women make of going to shack up with a man before they are married. Many men take advantage of this situation. "why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free". A lady would be wise to not live with a man until they marry, that protects herself emotionally and physically. (or at least make sure you have a ring and a date). That is all I am saying. If one does not want comments on their personal life, then do not post about it in the "Anything Goes" section. take my advice of leave it, up to them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If it is none of my business, or do not want opinions, then do not post it in an open forum.

Dr. Laura has a good book out there called "Ten stupid things women do to mess up their lives" Recommended reading for all young ladies IMHO. One of the tenants, and I see this is a lot, is the mistake women make of going to shack up with a man before they are married. Many men take advantage of this situation. "why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free". A lady would be wise to not live with a man until they marry, that protects herself emotionally and physically. (or at least make sure you have a ring and a date). That is all I am saying. If one does not want comments on their personal life, then do not post about it in the "Anything Goes" section. take my advice of leave it, up to them.
I'm just going to toss my 2 cents in here.. I'm in here all the time reading, but usually don't post. There is nothing wrong with living with someone before marriage.. It isn't 1918.. I recommend it.. I didn't live with someone before getting married. We got married bought a house and it didn't work out. We didn't realize how different we were until we lived together and it just didn't work out. That was 6 years ago and a lot of money spent on a divorce. I am now living with my current boyfriend for the past 3 1/2 years and it's going great. So good for you Wyatts Mama!! :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm just going to toss my 2 cents in here.. I'm in here all the time reading, but usually don't post. There is nothing wrong with living with someone before marriage.. It isn't 1918.. I recommend it.. I didn't live with someone before getting married. We got married bought a house and it didn't work out. We didn't realize how different we were until we lived together and it just didn't work out. That was 6 years ago and a lot of money spent on a divorce. I am now living with my current boyfriend for the past 3 1/2 years and it's going great. So good for you Wyatts Mama!! :)
Well, that is a matter of opinion moral wise, based on your culture or beliefs. In my personally cultural and religious views, sex outside the commitment of one man with one woman in marriage is considered taboo and immoral. And that is coming from 2015. In Cambodia, for example, it would be considered very wrong for a woman to live with a man outside of marriage - goes against the traditional Buddhist teachings and culture of the society. Only "bad girls" go with a man outside of marriage.

Personally, I think a woman should have more respect for herself and not "give it up" to any man without a firm commitment of marriage.

But, you are free to live your life as you so desire and "give the milk away for free". But, sounds as must be some truth and conviction, due to being upset over my comments, otherwise you would not care.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Well, that is a matter of opinion moral wise, based on your culture or beliefs. In my personally cultural and religious views, sex outside the commitment of one man with one woman in marriage is considered taboo and immoral. And that is coming from 2015. In Cambodia, for example, it would be considered very wrong for a woman to live with a man outside of marriage - goes against the traditional Buddhist teachings and culture of the society. Only "bad girls" go with a man outside of marriage.

Personally, I think a woman should have more respect for herself and not "give it up" to any man without a firm commitment of marriage.

But, you are free to live your life as you so desire and "give the milk away for free". But, sounds as must be some truth and conviction, due to being upset over my comments, otherwise you would not care.
If you're going to judge others, make sure you're without sin first.

I'm not a religious person per say however like you said, moral standards are different around the world. So what applies in Cambodia, doesn't necessarily apply here.

For example - here we frown upon physically harming or hitting our pets and children, and for that matter our women. In Cambodia, that may be perfectly acceptable. Maybe you should consider a move to Cambodia since you seem to identify with their standards of living and culture so much?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.