Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back with my now 10 year old American boxer and we have added a 1 year old Euro boxer. Boy he is a hand full....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention the yellow dog Kobe is half pit half great Dane but he's very friendly and smart. I just did both their shots myself. I'm now looking to get them both Rabies shots.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention the yellow dog Kobe is half pit half great Dane but he's very friendly and smart. I just did both their shots myself. I'm now looking to get them both Rabies shots.

What is kobe doing with that blanket??? And I have to say ... that tv on that tiny table ... looks kinda scary with a Boxer in the house??? Luv the car photo head shot ... that's a great picture. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is kobe doing with that blanket??? And I have to say ... that tv on that tiny table ... looks kinda scary with a Boxer in the house??? Luv the car photo head shot ... that's a great picture. :)
Lmao. He isn't supposed to have that blanket! And he knows! The tv is real light, it's since been moved on to the wall. Ya max is a very cute boy! Love them both to death!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Max as a baby, and max sitting on Kobes head!!! Not sure y he sits on his head!!! Do your guys boxers do this? 20151017_194649.jpg

·
Registered
5,085 Posts

OK ... I looked again and yes ... to your point Kobe, most definietly looks like he should not be screwing around with that blanket ...but he is. :)

And the pictures with your Boxer sitting on Kobe ... yeah ... no. While admittedly it's a cute picture ... no trainer that has dealt with dogs with serious issues ... would ever allow that behaviour. It is a display of "Dominance" but I'll give some slack as long as you stick with dogs with Low Rank Drive there place in the "Pack Order" is good with them and by and large "Bully's" tend to be "Low Rank Drive" dogs, your good.

But ... unless your willing to make ... a lot of changes ... don't add a GSD to your pack! GSD's are "apparently" High Rank Drive dogs???

First hand experience on that one ... permanently bent little finger and my first stitches in my hand ever (breaking up Pack Fights) when I added a Over Size Working Line GSD to my "Bully Pack." Hard lessons learned. Worked out fine ... for us in the long run. I don't recommend GSD's to anyone I know. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK ... I looked again and yes ... to your point Kobe, most definietly looks like he should not be screwing around with that blanket ...but he is. :)

And the pictures with your Boxer sitting on Kobe ... yeah ... no. While admittedly it's a cute picture ... no trainer that has dealt with dogs with serious issues ... would ever allow that behaviour. It is a display of "Dominance" but I'll give some slack as long as you stick with dogs with Low Rank Drive there place in the "Pack Order" is good with them and by and large "Bully's" tend to be "Low Rank Drive" dogs, your good.

But ... unless your willing to make ... a lot of changes ... don't add a GSD to your pack! GSD's are "apparently" High Rank Drive dogs???

First hand experience on that one ... permanently bent little finger and my first stitches in my hand ever (breaking up Pack Fights) when I added a Over Size Working Line GSD to my "Bully Pack." Hard lessons learned. Worked out fine ... for us in the long run. I don't recommend GSD's to anyone I know. :)
He's not dominant at all. Lol. the bigger dog Kobe could easily tear him apart! Not that it would ever happen! Just saying. They love each other. Thank u for the reply. I love my dogs. My boxer Max is a cuddler, Kobe has never let me cuddle him, he's always slept at my feet.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
He's not dominant at all. Lol. the bigger dog Kobe could easily tear him apart! Not that it would ever happen! Just saying. They love each other. Thank u for the reply. I love my dogs. My boxer Max is a cuddler, Kobe has never let me cuddle him, he's always slept at my feet.

Kobe is not a cuddlier?? Hmm interesting ... Gunther my American Band Dawg aka Bull Mastiff/APBT/Lab cross slept in the bed but he was not a cuddlier either ... kinda odd. :)

And I was not picking on you over the pictures nor claiming it's Dominance. And as long as you stick with Bully's ... most likely you won't have problems, but I switched breeds and a lot of the behaviors I'd always allowed with my Bully's got me into trouble with my first GSD. ER here I come ... breaking up pack fights???

Nothing new there ... lot's of Bully owners came to the Germanshepardforum, looking for help when they add a GSD to there packs. Most memorable was a GSD scheduled to be PTS that day at 4:30!!

I was called to chime in even the Breeder was there! What worked was more structure, and in endurance work ... Place and Sit on the Dog. A few months later ... she posted a picture of all dogs in Place. I saw what had to be two of the biggest APBT I'd ever seen ... but something was off???

So I asked, and the two funny looking APBT's?? Were not Pit's, she had not one but two Cane Corso's!! But they were not a problem for her ... but her WL GSD was! I luv mine ... but I don't recommend GSD's to anyone I know ... and I barely recommend Boxers for the most part, Boxers are great with kids but ... not a "Breed" for the lazy. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts