Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Linda and I am expecting my baby boxer on Feb 24. Bailey will be ready to come home. I will be a first time boxer owner. I had a beautiful Rottweiller for 11 years but she lost her live to cancer over the holidays.

I just have one question. I am abit worried about having to leave Bailey alone in the day.
How do boxers coup with that.
My dad lives upstairs from me and will be helping me out during the day.
Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a pic of my baby.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!  :D  Your baby is beautiful. You must be very excited about bringing her home.  She should be just fine home alone. I would keep her in a crate and hopefully your dad can let her out a couple times a day for potty and some excercise. That would be a great help to you while potty training! Can't wait to see more pics of Bailey, and to watch her grow. Keep us updated and let us know when she comes home.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome she is beautiful. As Tootsie has already said she should be fine alone for awhile. Remember to puppy proof your home and use a crate when you will not be there. A genral rule of thumb is no more than an hour in thr crate for every month of their age. If your father is there to help let the puppy out that will help a lot. I was lucky we go our boxer in the spring.....and my girlfriend is a school teacher and had the summer off to help train the little man.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome!
Exactly what Tootsie said on the crating. 1 day out of the week my poor chato stays in for 6hrs straight this is because I have no one that day to come and let him out. As a young puppy, you need to take him outta the crate often, so he won't dirty his area. A crate will be your best friend for all areas of training! I can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful pup too!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome.Your puppy is adorable.Make sure when puttin the puppy in the crate dont put anything the pup can tear up that they could end up eating.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:D ohhhhhh bailey is lovely!!! welcome to you and your little bundle of joy!!! roll on feb!! cuddley toy is also good for them to snuggle with!! good luck and enjoy every moment when you get her!!!! x x michelle

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
what a cutie... I love it...had jessies name picked out when she was 9 days old... over a month before i got her too...

crating is by far the best way to go.  For your peace of mind and for bailey

·
Registered
25 Posts
:bsiloveyou:  THE PIC OF BAILEY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY AND A BIG WELCOME FRM ME AND MY THREE GIRLS .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome!  Bailey is adorable.  I have a brindle 11 wk old boy named Tonka.  I bet you can't wait until 2/24.  We'll be looking forward to more pictures.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Sorry for your loss.  We lost our Rocky in November, he was hit by a car on the freeway.  He was half rottie and the most lovable dog I've ever met.
We also got a boxer, named Henry.  He just turned 5 months and is wonderful!
Crates the only way to go.
Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now isn't that the sweetest little face... She is adorable & congrats to you....Definitely crate, like everyone is saying...She will more than likely whine a bit at first, but she will be fine..If your father is willing to help you with Bailey's housebreaking that will help you out a lot...Look forward to hearing lots more about little miss bailey when you bring her home......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi - thanks for all the welcomes! I am really glad that I found this forum.
The crate is out and washed and ready to go.
My dad is retired and bored. He is looking forward to the puppy coming home even though he does not show it. He use to take care of my rotty during the day as well. My dad was my pooper scooper. He cleaned the backyard every single day. I am sure he misses that!! (wink wink)

I have been browsing around the forum and have already read alot of great tips!

Again - thanks for the warm welcome.
Linda

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You better watch out, your dad is liable to steal Bailey away from you..Lol...How wonderful that he is willing to jump in and help & it will be great for Bailey too....Don't forget, we expect lots of pictures when Miss Bailey comes home....

Glad you are getting some good information from everyone, we try to help, just listen, vent..you name it.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts