Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We asked a new member to our family tonight. Meet Kody. He's a 10 year young sweet boy. Big mush ball. He still a bit skinny but with some TLC he'll be right as rain in no time. He's a big boy but was super skinny at 61 lbs when the rescue got him. He's 75 ish and needs another 15 to 20 but we'll get him there. Super sweet boy. Just happy we could give him a good home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We asked a new member to our family tonight. Meet Kody. He's a 10 year young sweet boy. Big mush ball. He still a bit skinny but with some TLC he'll be right as rain in no time. He's a big boy but was super skinny at 61 lbs when the rescue got him. He's 75 ish and needs another 15 to 20 but we'll get him there. Super sweet boy. Just happy we could give him a good home.

Added a new member not asked lol.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is so awesome that you took the old guy in. We are lucky enough to get to help alot of rescued boxers. Thumbs up for picking one that tends to get passed over because of age. :cheers:

This last part you can take it or leave it....but
From the pic you posted (unless there is something I'm not seeing) there is no way that your pup need to add another 15-20 pounds. He look great in the pics. As a rule of thumb I would always shoot for a little skinny instead of overweight. It will really make a big difference with his joints since he is older.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That is so awesome that you took the old guy in. We are lucky enough to get to help alot of rescued boxers. Thumbs up for picking one that tends to get passed over because of age. :cheers:

This last part you can take it or leave it....but
From the pic you posted (unless there is something I'm not seeing) there is no way that your pup need to add another 15-20 pounds. He look great in the pics. As a rule of thumb I would always shoot for a little skinny instead of overweight. It will really make a big difference with his joints since he is older.
Agreed, forgot to comment on that in my other post. Thought he looks great in the photos.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Add me in to the "Agree" with the others guys!! Sept I don't play and at 10 years old?? No way in hell does he need another 10 to 15 lbs???

He looks like he should, and congrats to you for taking him on!! It really, really takes a pretty special person to take on a 10 year old Boxer. I,ve lost puppies that could not make the one year mark and puppies that could not make it to one. Different circumstances but it still hurts. :(

Your a pretty special person congratulations and welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Remember boxers are not large dogs per se and have the hour glass look. My boy is a bit on the chunky side right now and is losing his hour glass look. But its healthier for them not to get heavy. Congratulations on adopting this boy!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
He looks great!!! I agree with the others, boxers especially seniors don't need any extra pounds and are better off a little on the slim side if you can keep them that way :chef: Love that you took in a senior. We've done that several times and there is just nothing like the love of an old dog finding contentment in your home, Congratulations!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts