Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

has anyone tried Olie, Farmer’s dog or NomNom with a 2 month old boxer puppy? I am getting ready for a new puppy and wondering if I should try human grade food from any of these subscriptions based food providing companies or continue with Royal Canin boxer puppy dry food. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

ps: I lost my last boxer to a nasty form of cancer at a tender age of 6. So I am extra careful this time to get things right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You'll get many opinions on this subject. Personally, I'm skeptical of all the marketing claims from the different companies. Some manufacturers have put out bad batches of food. That would be the main thing I would want to avoid. I fed my last boxer Purina One his whole life and he almost made it to 12 years old. My vet suggested I switch my new puppy to Purina Pro Plan. It's more expensive but I went ahead and made the switch. I'm skeptical that it will make any difference but it shouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I use Purina products as well. I checked the farmers dog product out once and the ingredient list has peas high on the list. I use Pro Plan they have a wide range of products they are a known company have few recalls

·
Registered
1 Posts
My boxer puppy (4 mo old) was not gaining weight and we tried everything, my vet recommended Purina Pro Puppy for large breeds and she is growing like a weed now! Also …stopped the runny stools too, I would highly recommend this food for your boxer. We get it at Tractor Supply here in Mississippi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts