Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, finally gave in and decided to register here vice just browsing posts. My Boxer's name is Murphy, and mine is Johnny. Murphy is our second Boxer and only fur child at this time. We loved our first Boxer (Nanna). She was a beautiful, intelligent sweetheart in the frame of a super athletic, and agile 65lb brindled boxer with white, almost knee high socks, and a matching white diamond on her chest. She was a joy to have lived with until she passed at almost 11 yrs in May 2016. In 2017, I was surprised by my wife with Murphy, an extremely hyper 5 month old mahogany fawn boxer. He had been given all talents of chewing, eating, drooling running, jumping, pouncing, burping, farting, snoring, and every other exhaustingly adorable trait that a veteran boxer family would expect. She drove him home from work one day, explaining that a regular patient of hers had, over the course of a few months, finally got her to give in and meet their families "extremely destructive, but loving" puppy boxer, which the family had been desperately trying to find a suitable home for. During that initial meet and greet, My wife simply couldn't/wouldn't leave without him as she thought he was a perfect fit for this guy, a recent medically retired combat veteran of the US Navy Seabees.

Murphy is now almost 3 yrs old and weighs 84-91 lbs depending on the time of year and how much he's been allowed to harness up and work (playtime to him) with me that month pulling his carts full of logs from shed to cabin, or forest to shed.

Looking forward to chatting with you all. I hope you enjoy a couple of photos from the first 2 years of Murphy and Me.

-Murphy and Me

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the muscles, and the fact he can "point" for hunting birds!
Yours too, boxers have a way with the camera, don't they? They have such an amazing ability to go from sloppily silly, to prance/strut, and then all out thoroughbred race horse within moments of each other. I cant get enough, im so grateful to have this breed. whether they are in their cuddle, play, or prey modes they are just so wonderful to watch and be around.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome to you both! Sorry about your loss of Nanna.

He's a handsome boy for sure. There's nothing like sleeping next to them and having them breathe and snore in your ear. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts