Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked our girl up 5/19. We had the weekend off with her but now looking for help with a schedule for her. My boyfriend and I work the same weird hours. Do I post here or in another topic once I've made my three posts here..? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome ! I too worked a full 40 hour work week and so did my husband, I did however have my mom and our lovely neighbour come a few times a day to relieve our puppy until he was older..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Since schools are out now do you have a neighborhood kid that you could pay a dollar a day to come over and let puppy out and play a bit? My daughter does this for a neighbor of ours and it's great for her to learn the responsibility, plus she has fun playing with their two dogs. It's great for the dogs because they get a chance to get out and have some fun in the middle of their long day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We leave for work at 4pm and get home around 2:30am. Thankfully my sister has procrastinated getting her community service hours in for graduation so she'll help for a couple weeks at least. I just hope we can have a happy pup while working this weird shift! Trying to figure out an eating schedule to hopefully avoid too much of a mess in the crate.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
This is basically the schedule we used when Kai was a puppy. 6am out to potty, eat, play, carte. Now we took him out hourly for the first week or so then hour 1/2, then 2 eventually we got to 3- 31/2 then 4. This all took time. Noon, out to potty, eat play, carte. 5 pm out to potty eat, play, snuggle time. After play and before being put back in crate an extra potty time. He never had a accident in his crate and we did use a divider in it as we had purchased the large sized crate so he could grow into it. Of course he had more snuggle time in there but that is a basic schedule. You cold tweak it to work for you. You will need to hire someone to come in and help you . To me this is a very important part of training, housebreaking and the pup learning to stay alone in his crate. I've never left my dog in a crate any longer than 4 hours, except at night. Kai now as an adult goes to bed about 9- 9:30 pm and sleeps solid to 6 AM, in fact he will stay asleep while I have my morning coffee, take little dogs out, feed them, take care of cats. Then I go to him and say ok time to go out. And that usually happens about 6:30-6:45 After that he eats his breakfast, finds my daughter (to whom he actually belongs and crawls into her bed and goes back to sleep). I love this dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts