Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.. We are the proud owners of a 10 week old beautiful boxer boy named Bodie. We drove 9 hours to get him yesterday and his first vet check today (with us.. of course his breeder took him) he is 18#.
Clean bill of health..

Question.. we are feeding Taste of the Wild puppy after some research that it is a great choice for boxers if your going to feed kibble..

Funny enough.. my vet recommended Purina puppy.. saying these grain free are lacking a lot a puppy needs..

Now I’m so confused.. I want him to have the best start he can.. but wouldn’t mind the cost savings..

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
First of all I love love your puppy. He has nice bone structure to him, he just has the look that I personally like in a boxer. Feed what you like and what fits your budget. O dp believe grain free is now a hype but I'm feeding grain free now. I feed Victor, they have both original the formular I fed had grain and somehow not purposely I switched. I buy it at the feed store but now I see Chewy has it as well. For awhile I did not like Purina at all and considered it junk, but they now have made some improvements. You can go to dogfoodadvisor.com and see how different kibble is rated. I feed what my particular dog does well on firm poo, slow n steady weight gain. My breeder friend also told me he doesn't use puppy formula at all ever for larger bred dogs as he doesn't want them growing too fast. So you will hear lots of different opinions on food go with what fits your budget, is easily accessible for you and that your pup is doing well on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts