Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
LOL... I'm also banned for life! Welcome!!!

there are a few people here from texas, maybe they can help you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha!  I figured I wasn't the only one.  What's the deal with their rules?  Oh well, I'm better off not being in that group anyways.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I could never get on, now I am glad I wasn't able to  :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Well supposedly they had a ton of problem with people spamming and getting personal info from people on the board... So now like you said its like the forum nazi's over there...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hahaha Im a graduate too! WELCOME to this forum and Im sure you will find out we arent like them lol I was banned for break rule #457987458927582 by asking people to be Roxys friend on Dogster lol

Contact Audrey from Galileo Boxers! Shes in that area. I dont think she has any pups right now because she only breeds once on a blue moon now but she has a planned litter out of her girl Yaya (shes being health tested now) and I think either a European boy or her co owned boy! Take a look at her site! She is very nice and helpful in everyway! She may be able to lead you in the right direction towards a breeder. She has a list started for Yayas litter now and I dont think it will take place for a little bit! Im hoping to get a pup from this litter My name is on the list lol

Anyway enough of my rambling Just google Galileo Boxers and her site will come up! Then you can email her from there. Good luck in your search and BE CAREFUL Im not sure on how true this is but Ive heard of many BYBs being in that area!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Back Yard Breeders! People who dont really care about anything but money! Just be careful with who you purchase your pup from! It may cause you alot of heartache when/if they develope heart defects, hd(hip displasia(sp?) ect ect. If you get from a breeder that does the required testing for boxers (heart, hips, thyroid) they you have a very slim chance of getting a boxer with health problems! We actually have a breeder about a half hour from us that has her pups hearts screened too by a licensed dog cardiologist.

·
Registered
780 Posts
[quote="The_Stevinator\";p=\"10520":emh6l9zn]BYBs?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gottcha, good advice.  what do you think an average price for a fawn male puppy is?  i've seen prices from 300 - 1500 dollars.  forgive my ingorance, but this is the first time i've personally bought a puppy and done all the medical and financial expenses.  not my first puppy though.  i've had dogs the whole time i was a kid.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
id say between $700-$1000 from what I have looked at in your area! Contact Audrey she may have some contacts around there for you

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am in the Fort Worth Area and am not sure how far you are willing to drive. I can find out where my boyfriend bought Reese our 4.5 month brindle. If FTW is too far then i can get the breeders number and see if the breeder knows of anyone in the Houston area they could reccomend.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I to also was banned from boxerworld. They never let me even post my first post before kicking me out-i still have no clue what i did!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, my first post is what kicked me out too.  yeah if you could get in touch with who you got yours from, or if they know of anyone closer that would be great!  thanks,

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't always think the higher price you pay the better the dog.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="boxerlove\";p=\"10536":13orflqb]I don't always think the higher price you pay the better the dog.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i know i wont be able to afford a high dollar dog.  i'm a full time professional in the printing industry supporting myself, and a senior going to school full time at the university of houston.  so, funds are limited somewhat.  

plus, i'm not looking for a "show" dog.  for everyone that does it, that's cool and i'm happy you are so enthusiastic about it.  but, it's not for me.  i just want my boxer to be healthy, a fawn, a male, good temperment, and realitively chill (as much as boxers can be!).  i've got all summer to find the perfect one though.  so i'm  not rushing into anything.  but i figure i do need to start contacting people sometime soon for whenever the next litters come out.  i figured around 450 max is a fair price for a healthy dog.

·
Registered
214 Posts
8O!!!! wow, Boxers are cheaper than I thought. We got Tyson for 325.00 and that was from a friend!!!! lol ha ha ha ha Chase got jipped. But I got a good birthday present!!!! Welcome to the forum, good luck finding a baby! I could never get on boxer world because of the e-mail that I use??? But you will find yourself to be very happy here!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, please read my post about selecting a reputable breeder. It has a lot of very valuable information on what to look for, what to ask etc of a breeder....Also, you might consider checking into a rescue boxer...Very seldom do most have pups, but the majority of the dogs are housebroken (big plus), and some have basic obedience.

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... opic&t=842

1 - 20 of 29 Posts