Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum

just joined this forum but have been a Boxer family for a long time.

Currently have a Male (3years) and female (8years).
Male was a rescue when he was about a year old, he’s mostly white with a big brown patch over his right eye and ear, and many freckled spots on his body. 96lbs (big boy!) and very happy and healthy.
Female is brindle and large for a girl at 70lbs but tall and lean/muscular. Has very little white except her chest and tiny bit on both back paws. Had her from 9weeks. She is the healthiest Boxer at her age I’ve ever had, acts like a 2 year old with the obedience and intelligence you’d expect from a Boxer her age. Beautiful girl. Looks almost identical to the forum home page dog at the top far right (before she went so grey of course).

Just curious if my boy is on the abnormally large side? He doesn’t seem to have another breed mixed in him and he is proportionate in every aspect.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Well welcome aboard and they are lovely Boxers. Looks like they really like Christmas too. :)

Now as to your boy?? Well first pictures in profile are much better for rendering "informed opinions." But ... 96 is a bit much from what I see??
He could "maybe stand to lose at least 5 lbs??? But yeah he's a Boxer .... he's got them "tiny feet." :)

The largest Box I have seen (know) is a male Brindle Euro/America, 65 lbs and ripped. He's a nice dog and my Baby Girl Struddell, weighted in at more than you would have thought by looking at her?? I would have swore she was 55lbs but at her last weight in she weighted in at a lean (Open Desert, Bunny chasing 65 lbs?)

But still she seemed small next to every single Male Boxer I ever saw. And Gidon, the Euro/American dwarfed her. But that was OK by me.

Just from the Pic's I'd say your girl at 70 lbs is most likely a bit taller than my girl was??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts