Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awwwwwwwwwwww look at him !!! omg i have to tell my hubby about the john deere collar..hahaha his favorite song is she thinks my tractors sexy by kenny chesney..
hes sooooooooooo country !!! hahahahaha

Bo is the cutest haha ! having to take pics while hes asleep b/c he cant sit stil for 2 seconds awake..

:) keep em comin:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.  I wish I could get him to pose while he was awake, but he goes 90 to nothing.  Also, do you guys think he looks to skinny?  His ribs show and it makes me kind of worry a bit.  He has an appointment on the 6th to get his third set of shots.  You think I should take him in sooner???

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh..  The John Deere Collar and Leash were only like 7 bucks a piece.  I got them from a local pet supply store, but they have them online.  They also have t-shirts and caps.  I'm going to get those for Bo when he gets bigger.  I think he will grow outta them to fast right now.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha i luv it...

uhmm i know they go through stages...if hes eating and drinking and pooping ok i wouldnt worry..

hes probably burning off more than hes consuming.see what they say when you go in..has he gained since his last visit?

take him in sooner if you want to...i am a worrier too..lol...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww Bo is such a cutie! I am with you on the hard to take pics part. The playing just doesn't end  :lol:

How old is Bo again? I think it's pretty normal for them to have growth spurts, so one day he would look really filled out and the next look like a bag of bones. I know that's what happens to Sadie anyway. And like Ky said, the more they play the more food they need! Maybe weigh him on your home scales and call the vet to see if that weight sound healthy for him? Anyway, if you do end up taking him to the vet early, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Bo is so cute.  He doesn't look too skinny from the pictures but if his back bone is showing then you might want to check with the vet.  Kiahs ribs showed on and off after I got her.  I did have problems getting her on the right food for her.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bo will be 9 weeks old tomorrow.  He's actually grown in to the know on his head since I've gotten him.  It used to be lots bigger looking.  Bo is eating 3 times a day and is pooping more than I can keep count of.  His back bone and hip bones do not show, just his ribs.  He has already been wormed twice and had two rounds of shots.  Somehow or another the breeder got off on their ages and gave them shots and wormer at 5 and 8 weeks instead of 6 and 9.  He is do again pretty soon.  I did not take Bo to the vet when I first got him, I was waiting until his shots were due.  Should I have already taken him?  Also, I've seen the collars in the store in green and yellow.  They probably have pink ones online.

That eggheaded knot won't stay forever will it?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Bo is such a cutie!  :)  No, the knothead won't last...Bo will grow into the egg!  :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
my vet told me any shots before 8 weeks old should be repeated because the puppy has his immune system from his mommy and that the mom's immune system will just get rid of the shot...and that we should give her 3 sets of shots once she was over 8 weeks of age...don't know if this will apply to you or not...that's just my vet's policy

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to take all of the records that the breeder gave me to the vet when I take him and do what ever they want me to.  He is 9 weeks tomorrow and weighs 11 pounds.  Is that around the right weight?

G

·
0 Posts
wow..he's big...prolly about right though.. Jetta is 13 weeks old and barely 14 lbs...lol...seems like he is doing good

G

·
0 Posts
That's how I got a baseline on Jetta when I first got her, and I took her to the vet 3 days later and she was only a few tenths of a pound higher then, so it seemed rather accurate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts