Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gunner is huge compared to the last pictures!  How old was he then and how old is he now?  I cannot tell, but is he bigger than Scout..... the pixel size of the photos may be decieving me.  thanks for sharing more of your boys!
~Anne

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunner is 6 mos younger than Scout.  His papa was big so I believe that he will be larger than Scout when finished.  He is a solid pup weighing in at 35 lbs. to Scout's 52 lbs.  He is about 2" shorter than Scout but just about as long.  He is now 5 mos old and Scout will be 11 mos next week.  He was 3 mos old in the first pictures.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Seeing if Gunner surpasses Scout will be fun.  How are thier personalities/doggyalities different and similar?  So far every boxer I have met, even the ones that don't really look like boxers, do that c-shape with it's body- where it's bottom seems to be trying to catch up to the front end while the nub of a tail is wiggling.  Also they really do box with eachother which is fun to see.  So what about your boys?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow...what a handsome boy!! He sure has grown. I took pictures of Buck every week when he was a puppy, just to remind myself what he looked like..Gunner very well could be bigger than Scout, just have to wait and see...

And yes Cassiegh, they really do box..I used to love watching Buck & Tia play, they would stand on their back legs and just paw at each other..So much fun to watch...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, quite a ruckus at our house sometimes.  The do the crazy run outside and box each other all the time.  They love to play tug-of-war too.  They are the best of buds and get along swell.  Gunner is our kidney beaner.  He is known to walk sideways because of it.  Scout is our nubbin shaker.  When they play, Gunner talks, growls, moans all the time.  His not a barker like Scout is.  When he does bark it is like a whisper.  That is until someone is close to our yard then he will do the Boo Woo Woo song.  That may change with age.  Not quite sure.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
When he does bark it is like a whisper.  That is until someone is close to our yard then he will do the Boo Woo Woo song.
That's funny, our Daisy is the same way. She can barely bark when we have a treat and tell her to speak. All we hear are her jowls and mouth moving. When the mailman shows up, lookout, Daisy's on a mission to secure the area.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your dogs sound like so much fun!  I like the "kidney beaner" and "nubbin wiggler" terms.  The breed just looks so blissfully happy when doing that.  Even if I have had a rough day, when I see Cactus beaning and wiggling over to me, I cannot help  but get a silly grin on my face.

Thanks for sharing!  I really enjoy hearing from other boxer enthusiasts!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's hard not to smile when you come home, had a bad day and you have these adorable friends doing the "pretzel" dance for you. Samsons pines all day til Marq cpmes home & attaches himself to him for a good 30 minutes..So what am I' Chopped liver?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts