Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Can anyone help??

I am new here today and was hoping to find a little help here. My son has a white 3 year old female boxer which he had breed to a fawn male. I of course am the one taking care of these puppies she had 9 and I have spent around $900.00 in vet fees already. How much do they sell for? Any tips on selling them I sure would be grateful. Don't get me wrong they are adorable I just can't keep 9 puppies and in the house oh my at 2 weeks old they were spoiled to the AC and they are spoiled rotten in a lot of ways. Did I ruin them? I don't have a clue about buying and selling dogs and I don't have a clue on raising pups to be sold so I just love them to death everytime I go to Walmart I have to buy them a few new toys. Please tell me I am not stuck with 9 spoiled boxers.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

I am not being rude in any way possible....but.........a white boxer should never be bred. And unless all of the proper testing was done on the fawn then he should have never been bred either. But breeding a white boxer is a big no no. There are so many health problems and even a fawn boxer from a white parent could end up deaf, blind and so many more problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have read about things like that, My son's white boxer is well kept and took very good care of. The male is a well kept boxer also. All the puppies have been to the vet every time they are supposed to up to date on everything and are all healthy.
Now there is one deaf male solid white, no other problems and the rest are fine, my son is 20 years old and I am the one that takes care of the puppies and their mama and all the expenses go figure he is out of town working a shut down and is not here to help me sell them so I don't have a clue. So you are saying that I maybe stuck with 9 boxers

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

I'm sorry Willow and Lisa, but I must do this...

I also am not trying to be rude...We are trying to educate you...

To answer your question:

No...Actually what Tami is saying is that irregardless of how well kept either of those dogs are or how UTD on their shots and vet care they are...neither should've been bred without the appropriate health testing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've split this off from the other post...No Liz, I have no problem with what you said, as I would have said the same thing....

This forum does not condone the selling of pups on here. We will help you with questions you may have about rasing them, but this is a forum dedicated to betterering the breed and is not to be used to sell or advertise pups, or breeding services..

If you go online to the AKC, the breed standard very clearly states that white boxers should be neutered or spayed and not bred. There are too many health issues in a completely health tested boxer and to have a litter with no testing and with a white boxer involved is asking for trouble.

I'm sorry, don't mean to be harsh, just trying to make you realize that your son was very irresponsible in not having his boxers fixed...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I just seen a boxer forum and thought where better a place to find help. I had no idea that you couldn't breed a white boxer I am of course learning new things every single day. I will read up on your forum and greatful you allowed me to join

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Whats done is done:)   Everyone learns from mistakes, and stick around and you will learn so much.

However I would since its really a mistake breeding I would find homes to adopt the pups.   I know many rescue leagues charge a fee of $200-$250 and think that is fair and allows the new homes to have funds to fix the pups so no unnecessary breedings will happen.  

Also many rescue league have families looking for young puppies and maybe they can give you some contact information.  

Good Luck.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd google some adoption applications .. Make sure the homes you find are willing to put in the time and effort of new puppies.. And also get a contract stating that you'll take the puppies back at any time if anything would come up.. It's not about the almighty dollar when finding great homes.. heres a sample application:

http://www.theanimalspirit.com/sample1.html

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Also, don't let them go until they're 8 weeks old.  They really need that time with momma and each other.

Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to thank you all for the help, and I have given away 2 this morning already they seem like nice people and that is really what I am looking for because I have grown attached to them and spoil them so  a great home and loving people. I also told them that it was a good idea to have them fixed that they came from a white female, because of health problems, and the money isn't an issue for me I just had no idea what to do and this just seem like a great place to start and I have been helped so thank you and I will continue to read your post for I find them interesting as long as ya'll will allow me.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad you have been able to start finding some homes for them and good for you for telling the new parents that they need to be fixed as well...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DieselsMom\";p=\"24213 said:
how old are the puppies?
they were 9 weeks old Saturday, I thought my son would be coming home soon and he could do all this but he is stuck in Alabama working a shut down and not sure how long it will last. So I started searching for answers-help

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Sorry to hear about the situation your in... puppies are so loving though and I bet you've been eating it up. I'm sure we'd all love you to stick around... can always learn things from us and you... it's great what you are doing. I would definitely look into getting your sons boxers spayed and neutered when you get done with finding the puppies good homes. Glad you were there for those puppies!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is not a big deal to me I enjoy the puppies that is company and something for me to do. I have never liked big dogs when my son brought her home I fussed and fussed after about six months I had her doing all kinds of things he got her at six weeks old at 8 weeks old she would bring a toy back to me and the first time she did that LOL I found my new best friend. She was easy to house train and is a very healthy boxer, the vet here said she was fine to have a litter of pups he done all sorts of test, she had three white ones one female solid white with brown ears and one solid white female with a brown tail and a solid white male the other six males were fawn. and he also didn't say nothing about a white boxer not being bred. I have quite a few dollars tied up in her and she to me is worth every penny of it. That is coming from a person that never liked big dogs until three years ago. My son says I treat her more like a daughter then him a son. I can't give any more away my son is sending his girlfriend to pick them up and he is upset with me but I told him that I would give him what ever he was asking for them because I have tried to get a hold of him for a week now and I thought the puppies needed to get into their new homes by eight weeks old so they can start learning what the new owner wanted them to learn that I had them spoiled and that people don't want rotten dogs. These puppies will watch TV with me on the sofa until they fall asleep I am serious. Then I will put them all to bed and they all have a little blanket I cover them up with  I live alone just me the mom and was 9 puppies sorry to keep going please forgive me. I just adore them and can go on and on about them I about have them all house trained I know you are all saying I need to get a life but this is life. LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only person in the wrong here was your son.  You have clearly been the doting, attentive Grandma, and lucky for those pups that you were there.

AnnA

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, sounds to me that you have a life...Most of us on here are very devoted to our babies and what you are saying is nothing that anyone of us wouldn't do...To me, I can't think of anything better than to be surrounded by a bunch of boxers, puppies or adults....That is my idea of heaven! Definitely please stick around, it sounds like you are taking more care of Momma anyways and there is a ton of good information on here....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK update... My son sent his girlfriend to get the pups and the mom left me the little deaf male now I am not sure what to do with him he can't hear me tell him no so I tell him no and point my finger at him saying no.. LOL he just barks at me. I have read the topic on training a deaf dog nothing like training a hearing dog. I will continue to look for him a home but if I can't find one I will keep him, the vet said for me to put him down but I can't do that. What worries me is I am not sure if he can learn the stay... well if I am confident enough in teaching him to stay, come. I think the sit will be easy and no well we are still working on that

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm very surprised and upset that your vet told you to put him down. I really am shocked that a vet would tell you to do that just because this poor boy is deaf! I'm glad that you will keep him if you can't find him a home. Training a deaf dog can actually be easier than one that can hear. Fewer distractions to deal with, and I believe that it is easier to train with hand signals than it is with voice. When I train my pets, I train both with voice and also hand signals. Please read through the links on the bottom. You may get some useful information from a few. Good luck with this boy....what is his name?

http://www.deafk9.com/

http://www.deafdogs.org/

http://www.whiteboxers.com/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts