Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself and my new fur baby. My Name is Andrea and i just recently purchased a boxer puppy (11wks). Her name is Chloe and the is a classic fawn. She is the ulitmate opposite of any boxer i have ever owned. She is very laid back, does not play or romp around. She enjoys sitting on the couch and watching tv or laying in front of the couch and watching tv. She doesnt get up and walk around unless i take her out to go the the bathroom. When it is time to go to sleep i have to carry her upstairs to the kennel, and then back down in the morning. She wont go near the stairs unless my boyfriend or myself is holding her. We have to pick her up and put her in the kitchen to eat and drink becuase she wont get up and do this on her own. I do have to sit with her while she is eating or else she will run back to the couch. She wont eat alone. Has anyone ever had experience with a boxer that is so inactive? She almost appears to be scared of everything or skittish like she has been abused. I dont think that is the case because she didnt act like this when i picked her out-it started after i brought her home. I am not sure if she is just depressed because she was taken away from her siblings and is now trying to get used to her new environment or what. She appears healthy and checked out good with the vet. She is the only fur baby in our house so she gets all the attention. I have owned boxers before and they were just a big ball of energy and excitement-always running and playing and just being a boxer. Any ideas on what i can do to help bring her out of her shell??

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi! , and welcome to Boxerforums! Congratulations on Chloe. She does sound a little sedate for a puppy. I don't know where you got her from, but maybe she just needs time to get acclimated to her new environment.
Anyhow, welcome again, and keep us posted on Chloe!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome!  I have 2 boxers and the oldest one is a ball of fire where as our second one is the laid back one.  I too was concerned about him but he has since opened up and though he is still not as playful as our first, he does get around quite a bit.  

I hope Chloe will come out of her shell soon!

·
Registered
220 Posts
HI there and welcome to this forum.  The first thing I thought about Chloe was that maybe she is a bit depressed from the move... not that she doesn't like you.  Just that she needs to get reaclimated to her new home before she becomes her normal puppy self.  Other than that, congratulations!  It is nice to have another boxer lover to chat with~
~Anne

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on Chloe-

well my baby girl is slowly coming around. I think she may have known i was talking about her casue when i got home last night my boyfriend updated me on how she did during the day-apparently she actually chewed on her toys!! When we put food down she went to her food bowl on her own for the first time to eat her dinner :) we still had to stay with her but i am happy with the small improvement. She also decided to attempt the stairs. She made it all the way up the whimpered until someone came and got her because she was too scared to come back down :lol: I have some pictures of her that i plan to create her an album with and get those added within the next few days.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Sounds like Chloe was going thru separation anxiety from her littermates. Not uncommon, but you were right to be concerned..such a good mom!!! Glad to hear that she is starting to come around, I figured she would..When I first adopted Samson at the age of 6, I was told by his foster mom that he had issues with eating alone, never figured out why & to this day, he still prefers having someone in the room when he eats. Little things that make each boxer unique..
So, prepare yourself, sounds like Chloe is coming out if her shell & soon you will have the joy of a boxer puppy..They are wonderful...Pictures please!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

Everyone I am new as well, I wanted to introduce myself! My name is ebby, and I have two new puppies as well...Liyah is 4months , and Luke 1 months!! I tell you, they are both a handful, but I love my puppies! Glad to hear that other mommy and daddies have the same problems, we were having, great to know that I can have you all support!! Happy Holidays, and glad to be here!!  :p

Mommy to Liyah(4months), Luke (1months)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts