Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am so excited... i am new to the forum and i am getting a little white boxer puppy saturday... he has a blue and brown eye... i cant wait to get him.  I have been contemplating for awhile over what type of dog i wanted to get for my first dog on my own and i have always wanted a boxer and decided to go for it.  

I never though of getting a white one cause i was scared over everything i heard on them about being deaf, but i dont care either way cause i think that my little guy is gonna be the greatest puppy ever.  :D  

I'm naming the boy Dungy after Tony Dungy, the Indianapolis Colts head coach.

I was just wondering is there any helpful tips for me on any items that I should have with me or for him at all times.  I am on the internet everyday finding more and more stuff to buy him and he isnt even here yet lol.

ANY AND ALL HELP IS WELCOME

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
best advice is read through the puppy section of the forum. there are a few stickys that tell you what to make sure you have on hand when you bring your puppy home, plus TONS and TONS of great info and questions that will help you learn even more. Congrats on your puppy, cant wait to see pics of Dungy.....dont keep us waiting :D

BTW Welcome :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
He's beautiful!! How old is he? He will be a wonderful pet...the forum has LOTS of tips on puppy stuff...in the welcome section, I think...under "what to have on hand"...(I confess, I still don't have all of it, but it's very helpful information!)

Welcome

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he will be 9 weeks this weekend... i am actually happy cause i have made a list of things to get and when i looked at that page i had everything on it basically plus some... i am so excited and cant wait... im hoping that i get ultra lucky and he is a breeze to potty train lol... im not gonna hold my breath though lol.

Im not gonna lie though i have made myself crazy over the past few days, i first started hearing lots of scary stuff about white boxers and wasnt sure if they were right for me but and i was worried about something being wrong with him... i have finally calmed down and am not worried... most of the stuff i heard about whites werent true and i am a person that needs something different and that is what he is... i cant wait to bring him home!!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Soccer, I'd be interested to hear what kind of "scary stuff" you heard about white boxers, and from whom.  I have to confess, I thought that the days of deliberate misinformation about white Boxers were finally on the wane.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum Soccer, from another white boxer owner!  :)  Previous to getting my Roxy I'd also heard a lot of things about white boxers and browsing this site helped me establish the facts from the rumours.  

I can't wait to see pics as Dungy grows, make the most of the puppy stage - they grow so fast (Roxy's almost 8 months old now and it seems like only yesterday that she was the size of your little one!!)!!

Btw, I think my Roxy might have heard all the things about white boxers being deaf and uses it to her advantage as she's really good at playing deaf when I'm asking her to do something lol!!!  Funny how when I mention food/walks/treats her hearing comes back though haha!!!   :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Just wanted to say hello and welcome.  You will fine PLENTY of puppy info on here and of course several people with white boxer babies!!!!! Good luck I know Saturday can not come soon enough.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your pup is a cutie and I love the choice for a name...Sounds like you are pretty well prepared, but add one item to the list, 2 actually, patience & a sense of humor. Both you will need..Boxers are silly, they make you laugh at their antics, they make you cry with frustration at their hard headedness and just melt when they cuddle up with you....Sound like fun?

As far as the white boxer thing goes, a lot of what you hear is myth, back in the day, all whites used to be culled at birth, which I think is a horrible practice, thank goodness you don't see it much these days. The percentage of whites that are born deaf is relatively small, but the reason they are put on a spay/neuter contract is to keep this from happening further..

Sit back, relax, maybe have a drink occasionally :lol: and just enjoy Dungy.......

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!  Your baby is just adorable!  I love his eyes!  Can't wait to hear all about him.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  He's so cute!  Don't believe everything you hear about white boxers, most of it is crap...I learned that myself after freaking out about everything in the beginning.  There's lots of great info on here, so you've come to the right place!  One thing that I can stress is to use sunscreen on your little guy if you live somewhere hot & sunny!  They can burn easily!  Can't wait to see more pictures :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you and Dungy, he is a cutie.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Congrats and welcome!  He looks alot like my white boxer Sadie.  She has the same eye coloring.  When she was that old, she had a ton of black dots on her nose.  Now everything has connected.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel bad cause poor dungy is coming home to sucky somewhat cold and WET weather.  Poor little guy lol.  Dungy has the blue eye and a big brown fawn spot on his little butt... his brother is all white will a little spot on the ear, i saw dungy's butt and fell in love lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts