Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our new puppy is biting the hell out of Fredo, and most of the time Fredo will kind of mouth him and just take the pain but every once in a while he'll get him good and fredo will let out a cry and jump up. Also the puppy is taking his toys from him and will even growl while he's biting on Fredo. This weekend he bit his...um..."manhood" and Fredo was even bleeding a bit. Any ideas how I can stop this puppy from biting? He's so sweet but he's liek a freakin pyrana(sp?) Those teeth are like razor blades.
Also, Fredo is obsessed with the little guy, which is fine but he plays a little rough and I'm worried he might slam down on him or something. Any ideas how to calm him down around the puppy.
BTW, Fredo figured out how to open the puppy's crate and let him out this weekend....lol

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Hmmmm . . . . how to stop a pup from biting another pup . . . .  :think:

I have no idea!!!!! 8O   Sorry I'm no help. :(

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm not sure about the biting, other than try to divert her attention to a toy and not freddo's urrrr manhood. lol

About freddo playing rough, we taught Milo the command "easy" and when he was playing rough, we'd get inbetween kaci and milo and tell milo easy and he learned quickly that he needed to play a little easier with Kaci (and other puppies)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would just let it run the course. Blitzen was just like that. Donner used to have bite marks all over. When Donner had enuf he would give Blitz a body slam. A couple times I had to play referee but it all works out. When Fredo had enuf he will adjust the little guys attitude. :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have the same problem.  I let Duke take care of it most of the time, if Bentley is getting too out of control Duke usually lets him know enough but if I think he is hurting Duke and Duke is just taking it I will step in and say "be nice".  Duke has marks all over his legs and we find scabs from where he has made Duke bleed.  But it is getting better.  I don't try and step in unless I think its too out of control.  

I also send them outside, if you have a fenced yard.....they do more chasing then biting that way.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I think Fredo will let the baby know when he's gone too far. Hey--do we have a name yet?  :wink:

xoxo

Julia

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my bf picked "daddy" like from the dog whisperer but people have been hating on it so we're feeling pressured into changing it..but he;s so fat and hobbles along it just seems liek daddy fits him..lol but my bf's job today was to take pics and send them to me to post so they should be on soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts