Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been 3 months of researching breeders and waiting for litters with the right colours as I want a plain brindle male. I am very lucky to have the help of one of my Vets technicians who's mother is very well established in the Boxer community (although she no longer breeds herself). I was put in contact with 4 of the top breeders in my area and so my research began.

The first breeder had 2 litters coming up but knew from genetics that only fawns would be available

The second breeder had a litter on the way that was likely to include brindles. I was a little late to the party so I had 4th pick but all the brindles were "flashy" and I just didn't want that much white on a dark brindle dog.

The 3rd breeder has a litter due late this summer but fully expects that all pups will be brindle, I'm currently 2nd pick on her list.

The 4th breeder was one I was very lucky to even know about as she had not advertised her second litter which was to be from her top male who is an absolutely amazing animal. Well thanks to my contact I managed to get myself the coveted 1st pick spot (after the breeder of course). I have been in touch with her the whole time. The actual breeding took place a few weeks after I first contacted her and about 3 weeks ago she confirmed from an ultrasound that there were at least 3 pups.

Well I knew the litter was due this past weekend and I was like a kid at Christmas time waiting for news. Finally at 8:30pm Sunday night I received the photo msg. showing 3 plain brindle pups all nursing together. I felt like I was checking a lotto ticket as I replied asking "any males?"
Yep, 2 girls and 1 boy, lucky for me the breeder is keeping one of the girls.

I am so excited but now the real wait begins as I have to wait 7 weeks before they will perform a temperament test to see if he's the right match for me as I do intend to work with him (obedience trials, nose work and perhaps even Shutzhund)

While the breeder is very optimistic that the Temp test will go well for me I know there is no guarantee so I'm still holding my 2nd pick spot with the litter due later this summer.

So this is (hopefully) the beginning of a wonderful friendship that I will post about now that I have found this Boxer forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
Congrats! Can’t wait to see updated pictures of the new puppy :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
He Looks like a bruiser nice black mask . He might keep some of that blaze, healthy looking pup Congratulations.

The adventure is just beginning GLTU..

·
Registered
571 Posts
He has the nice longer coat of a Euro. My boy is mostly Euro and he has grown very big he was 14lbs at 8 weeks your boy looks like he will be big as well

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's funny, while I absolutely love the "stockier" build and higher drive with the Euros I do kinda wish they had that nice short tight coat that American Boxers are known for. My last Boxer was a Euro too and while he was super soft and great to cuddle with I was amazed at just how much he shed.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
5 weeks old now
I love getting these pics from the breeder but I want to be the one holding him

From the looks of those paws he's either going to be really big or really clumsy

·
Registered
634 Posts
He is so very cute!! I'm partial to the brindles too. I hope it works out for you! Love the photos and hope to see more.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts