Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanos, is now 6.5 weeks old and is growing like a weed

He gets his temperament test this Sunday and from what she has seen expects he will be perfect for me. Take home date of May 30 is fast approaching (finally) and the house prepping is coming along too, today I'm re landscaping my little yard with new sod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, he's so precious! He's so big for only seven weeks, and it looks like he's going to be a cute giant. I have a Black Boxer that is 11 months, and I love him more than anything. He's very loyal and loving, and I don't even want to remember how boring my life was until I got him. He has never had any health problems but lately noticed a little bit more tearing than usual and I looked for information online. I found an article on woofbarkgrowl.co.uk and I read that tearing is a sign of eye problems. For some reason, I didn't know that and we're going to the vet soon, but if someone here has any experience with that, I will be glad to hear it.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well Thanos, has been home with me for one week now. I had forgotten how sleep deprived you get when there is a puppy in the house, I don't think I've had more than 4hrs of straight sleep every day.
It's also amazing that even though he has lots of toys he only wants to play with my shoes, his blanket, speaker cables or toilet paper rolls.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Puppies are ALOT of work I know about the sleep depravation too! Especially when you had older dogs then start all over again with a puppy. I remember spending many nights in the yard saying "go potty" about every 4 hours. All the work is worth it and the sleepless nights don't last all that long once they get settled in a routine. They love shoes so much because they smell like you so take it as a compliment. My guys were terrible about putting everything in their mouths besides go potty my favorite repeated phrase was Leave it! My girl is 2 now and my boy is 1 and he still picks up stuff in his mouth I am like "really"! They both have a fondness for mulch still. They are characters for sure but they are the best dogs in the world. Enjoy your pup though they are not small very long.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Oh, he's so precious! He's so big for only seven weeks, and it looks like he's going to be a cute giant. I have a Black Boxer that is 11 months, and I love him more than anything. He's very loyal and loving, and I don't even want to remember how boring my life was until I got him. He has never had any health problems but lately noticed a little bit more tearing than usual and I looked for information online. I found an article on woofbarkgrowl.co.uk and I read that tearing is a sign of eye problems. For some reason, I didn't know that and we're going to the vet soon, but if someone here has any experience with that, I will be glad to hear it.
I also have a dog now, and indeed before this, I had a very boring life. This puppy brought me so much joy these last four months.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well here in Calgary, some of the Covid19 restrictions are lifting so Thanos, was able to attend his first puppy class yesterday. I was so happy to hear from my trainer that the facility was open again, we were preparing for some private classes but really it's the distractions of other puppies close by that makes group classes so much more effective. It's easy to get your dogs attention when you are all alone but much harder when there are 4 or 5 other puppies to play with.
We still have another 10 days to go before Thanos, gets his second set of vaccinations so until then we are not going to the off leash park as you just don't know if all the dogs you meet there are up to date with their shots. It was great to see Thanos, finally be able to play with a couple of the other puppies after class, it's been a week since he came home with me and I know he misses his sister.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Congratulations on your pup. He certainly is a beauty. Glad to hear some some restrictions have been lifted. Here in the USA where I am we are in phase 2, things are becoming normal. I do mask when I go out to stores which is recommended. Yesterday I was in Home Depot a man was in the same aisle as me not masked and sneezed really loud at least 3 different times. Made me uneasy but I stayed away, best I could, lol.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So Thanos, is now 12 weeks old. He saw the vet yesterday, got his second set of shots and is looking great at 10.2Kg (about 22lbs)
Because of all the potential problems with Boxers our vet wants us to wait 2 more weeks before going to any off leash parks and interacting with strange dogs. Other dogs at his puppy class are ok to play with however as they all have their shots and are also avoiding off leash areas.
We have developed a great bond already and Thanos, responds well to his name even with distractions like puppies, birds or people (he loves meeting people)

·
Registered
564 Posts
He is adorable! Its best to keep him away from all public areas until he gets all of his shots. There are alot of irresponsible people out there who don't mind taking their dogs out when they are sick. Parvo can live in the ground for up to 5 years so just to be safe. He is beautiful.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts