Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Chris

There's absolutely loads of advice in the different threads on the Puppy forum, so browse through there at your leisure and I'm sure you'll pick up loads of helpful info.

However, the one piece of advice I'd give any new puppy owner over anything else is - be patient!  You'll spend probably the next 6 months or so on a constant poo patrol, you'll go through enough bleach and kitchen roll to supply a small country, and if your little guy is anything like Tink was, you won't have one single matching pair of socks left in the house, but it is so worth it!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Welcome... Sound advice from Honeyc... So im going to stress it a little more... please have patience... and dont get discouraged...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. what's your little ones name? Definitely read thru our puppy section, we have a ton of pups on here and there is a lot of very good advice to be had...Patience is the key..Also invest in some Nature's Miracle for accidents on carpet, that is the best for removing odors...

A year from now when you have this lovely boxer, you will look back at all the trials and tribulations and laugh...I know I have...Take a ton of pictures too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thank you guys im glad a found a forum to help me and my pup. Her name is Hurley she is 6 weeks and i just got her. here is another pic of her after me and my girlfriend took her to pet smart and spoiled her

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!  :)  Hurley is a cutie. How did you get her so early?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A puppy at 6 weeks of age has not learned proper dog-dog socialization skills from its mother and littermates. This is also a crucial time for them to learn bite inhibition. I think it's between 6 and 9 weeks that a puppy learns how to basically become a dog. Breeders don't usually allow the puppies to leave the littermates until at least 8 weeks.
So... I am always curious as to how people get their pups so early. ?  :?

·
Registered
245 Posts
She is sooo beautiful! She looks like my Xena as a pup. Like everyone else said...be patient with them and you gotta have a sense of humor. ADHD is major in boxers...don't let it get to you. Its part of their character. Embrace it. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"8201":23jwzl9e]A puppy at 6 weeks of age has not learned proper dog-dog socialization skills from its mother and littermates. This is also a crucial time for them to learn bite inhibition. I think it's between 6 and 9 weeks that a puppy learns how to basically become a dog. Breeders don't usually allow the puppies to leave the littermates until at least 8 weeks.
So... I am always curious as to how people get their pups so early. ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just ended up getting her from one of the guys i work with.  he sold her to me, he said she will be ready in 6 weeks so i ended up picking her up. i got her for $150. shes a smart girl she sleeps with me and when she needs to go to the restroom she bites my ear or just crys and thats when i know to take her out. she has been eating mushy pedigree food and puppy dry food. shes a smart girl. thanks a lot for the compliments.I got a question has any one got their dog trained at pet smart i was looking forward on taking her for some classes but i have to wait at least 4 - 5 weeks until I can take her in or would it be better to try and teach her my self. I have been patient with her and trying to show her to sit, shake, and fetch just been trying so she can get an idea of things.

·
Registered
159 Posts
we've never used Petsmart, always done it ourself. some of the other people here may have though, or know people who have, and I'm sure someone will have an idea about the petsmart training. sounds like she's doing ok so far though with the whole training thing. She's an adorable little baby dog. Congratulations on your new arrival!!--Rich

1 - 20 of 23 Posts