Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened out of no where, I got a new puppy!!! He is a american bulldog/dogo mix. Personality is totally different from Cato, but get along good with Cato.
I got him for free from a co worker that can't give this one away to someone she trusts. Having two puppies are twice the fun, but also twice the headache. They will be going to training classes starting next week, and I am currently crate training both of them. They play alot, and sometimes it's a bit rough, but I monitor them most of the times and break it up as soon as I see it is getting too rough. Does anyone have any tips on having two puppies?!!!  Thank you,
Here's are some pictures.

Tiki

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Awww, what a cute little feller!  He won't stay little.  
I don't do two at once.  I got 1 dog, 1 kid, and 1 hubby. :lol:   Couldn't handle more than one at a time of any of them! :lol:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
OH he's adorable! Cato and him look so cute together, and you are stronger than I to have two pups at once! So no advice from me on the matter. Have fun, and take lots of pics!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have 2 an it is like having 2 babies going thur the terrible 2s at once :roll: but at the same time  it is 2xs the love and 2xs the kisses. The babie are ok it is the older dogs (Charlie & Taxi)  who want to fuss all the time cause the babies (Storm & Skye)  are playing and they want them 2 be quite! I let them do there own thing and play as long as they don't get too rough. Good luck the pup is cute. :wink:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love the last pic!  They are adorable!

·
Registered
882 Posts
awww he's a cutie!....I'm sure Cato and him will love playing together :)

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
what is his name? he is tooooo cute..dogo argentino right? theyre pretty strong dogs. congrats on the new pup and good luck with two at once!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He is just adorable; they look so sweet in the last picture.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oohhhh he is a real cutie, what a face  :D About having two.....I tell hubby all the time,"it's like herding chickens!!" ALMOST impossible sometimes, but hysterically funny :D Good Luck and more pics please so we can watch them grow together!!

G

·
0 Posts
Well, we have a 12 month old and a 6 month old...we HAD them at 9 months and 3.5 months...so we had one really really puppy and one kinda puppy...I love it...they kinda learn from each other and learn together....they keep each other company...and tend to wear each other out much better than I could do myself...the only thing that is bad about two pups is that the housebreaking means more to clean up....Jetta was already about 75% there when we got Bo...Bo was about 80% there when we got him...and it was still a lot of doggy doo clean up...I couldn't imagine having two real young pups with the housebreaking...but Cato is a bit older, right?  All in all...I love having two pups...they are a good match for each other and although they can be a handfull...I really think I would have my hands even more full with just one of them!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Tiki is going to get much bigger than his brother! bulldogs/dogo are very strong dogs both physically and "mentally" it will be very important to train him right from the beginning because even at 6 months old it will be hard to physically control him if he isn't trained.
I think an important thing to remember while raising two puppies, is to give each of them one on one training. Both in a training class is okay, but i'm talking about training at home. Working on them one at a time will probably be more effective (at least until they are older).  Trying to do both of them at the same time can be very distracting and confusing- they will hear a command meant for the other dog and it may take longer to train them that way.
Good luck with them!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
He's a cutie and definitely, training will be very important..Both in class and at home...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts