Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Debbie an I'm from PA.  Right now I have 2 shelties and my husband is in search of a Boxer, which I'm sure we'll be finding real soon.  LOL

I wanted to join to learn more about Boxers and meet some great friends with them.

:emtthumbs:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Welcome!! i am so excited that you will bringing a boxer into your home!! keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi...and welcome!  I am a first time Boxer owner as well.  My boyfriend has always loved Boxers, and has grown up with family members that have had them....he has always wanted one!  I LOVE them!  Both of mine are so wonderful with my children   and sooo mild tempered!  They are so sentive too!  I wish you luck and hope you find the one that is perfect for you and your family!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you. For a first time boxer owner, you may want to consider a rescue. The dogs are for the most part housebroke, some have had obedience training as well...The rescue is very good about matching up the perfect boxer to you..Just an option you may want to consider..... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome,  I am a first time Boxer owner also; got my baby from a rescue.  She is the best; I plan on adopting again next year for a companion for her.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the nice welcome.  I've looked at our local rescues in PA and most of them want $300 to $500 for adoptions, they're selling puppies around here for like $400 - $700.  If I can get the money saved up for a rescue I would definitely love to go with one of them instead.  That's really the hold up at the moment - the dang cash.  LOL  I've got one more bill to get paid and then look out Boxer world - here I come.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts