Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harely is our  4 month old adopted boxer/mix. The mom was definately and pure brindle boxer, but the owners were not 100% sure what got into the yard with her. They think it was a male lab. That is what she looks like to me but I wanted some opinions on that. Also I wanted some opinions on docking her tail or not. We are getting her spayed shortly after she is 6mo and the vet, who raises boxers, said she would dock the tail then and only have to give her anesthesia once. I think she is cute with the tail, sorry there are no good pics of it yet. She does bang it pretty hard on her crate and everything else and I was worried about it being injured. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
She is adorable... I'd say to leave the tail as it is.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to you and to Harley!!!  She is a beauty and I love her little wrinkles on her forhead.  I would leave her tail just as it is.  It's part of their spine and helps them with balance.  She looks just right with her tail the way it is.  Besides, there are a number of georgeous boxers on this site with their natural tails and they look awesome.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome to boxer forums!  :D  Harley is beautiful! I would also opt to leave her tail alone now.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Harley, she's a beauty. We had a coon hound mix, Roscoe, for years and he had a tail like a baseball bat :lol: Wouldn't have changed it for anything, it was a real part of his personality.  A word of advice though, remove all breakables to higher ground! Roscoe could clear a coffee table with one swipe! Look forward to seeing/hearing more about Harley.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
[quote="DonnersMom\";p=\"34100":l7293jwk]Hello and welcome to you and Harley, she's a beauty. We had a coon hound mix, Roscoe, for years and he had a tail like a baseball bat :lol: Wouldn't have changed it for anything, it was a real part of his personality.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello and Welcome,  your Harley is adorable.   She looks like she's smiling for the camera.  Can't wait to hear more about Harley and see more pictures.  

My Dixie has a natural tail and I wouldn't have it any other way.   One thing I wish she didn't have are the dew claws.   She has injured hers twice requiring trips to the vet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello and Welcome. I can give you two inputs.

By best friend has a boxer/lab mix and other than the coloring being black and white the features look the same. His name is Cyrus. Cyrus still has his tail and boy does it HURT when it hits you. In the winter on our walks when your legs are freezing it is not pleasant at all. This is a matter of personal preference so it is up to you.

Second input, another friend who rescued a boxer who did not have his tail done opted to have it done at the 6mo. stage while he was being fixed (Bodi). Bodi's balance is normal but I have to say his tail does look a little off, they have to keep it a little longer to avoid damage to the spine and it looks folded over at the end rather than just no hair at the tip. Again a matter of personal preference.

Good luck he is gorgeous.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Harley is a cutie...I'd leave the tail, that's a surgery that is best done when they are newborns. Too much time had passed now...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Harley is adorable, can't wait to see more pictures.  I would leave the tail.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Tennessee!  Harley is such a cutie!  I would leave the tail as it is.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!  I think Harley is a cutie!  I personally like the docked tail.  I think it's adorable to see those little nubs in action.  :lol:  I don't know anything about having it done when they're older so reading all the other posts it sounds like you should leave it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts