Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone I am new to this forum, I have a question about my six month old boy TUCK, I weighed him yesterday and he weighed 64.8 pounds. He is already taller than my 1 1/2 male, and is only 6 pounds lighter. Any estilmations on how i can figure his adult weigh?He isnt fat at all. Also i was thinking of breeding him because he really is beautiful, and he really is a great specimen of what a boxer should be. Should I reconsider because, I think his weight will be quite a bit over the standard.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Their weights can fluctuate week by week.  All I can say is you are going to have one big boy...

What do you feed him and how much?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now i have him on purina. 3 cups twice a day.
Is this too much . also how big are everyone elses six month olds?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I am no expert but that is about the same I give to both of mine.  However I switched from Purina One to Innova Evo and because of price I just switched them to Solid Gold Wolf Cub for Attila and Wolf King for Daphne...but is hard to feed them seperate food so I might just keep with Wolf King.

At 6months Daphne was about 50lbs and Attila was probably 30lbs.  However different bloodlines and breeding can also have to do with their size.  But I would search for other posts about weight and also browse the food section on here.  Also posting questions is always good...

by the way can we see pics of your babies....

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Welcome :-h

My Zulu is a huge boy too, had him neuted so no babies for him. . . . :lol:

Some Boxers are just bigger then others, Zulu weights at the mo about 94lbs and he is 4 (luckily the growth spurt has finished)
He is also all muscle and no fat, luckily 8O  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, would love to see pictures.  Please check out the breeding section for information on breeding, you have plenty of time since he shouldn't be bred before 2 years; he needs all of the proper health tests done (hips, holter, etc) first.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Genetics plays a huge role in how big or small your Boxer will be...If you look at all of our babies you will see a huge range..Look at Tuck's parents, grandparents, etc to see how they looked as adults..Boxers also go thru soome growth spurts and will continue to grow til about 18 mos, then they start to fill out, so keep that in mind....

As for the breeding issue, PLEASE read thru all the topics in the breeding section first..We all believe we have wonderful Boxers, myself included, BUT having a good temperment is not a reason to breed...First, have your Tuck evaluated by a competent Boxer person, be it a breeder, judge or a good handler, then get all the necesssary health tests done, Echo/doppler, Holter etc. then have a mentor to help guide you in finding a mate for Tuck. Every Boxer has a fault, none are perfect, so you want to breed out your dogs bad trait when looking for a mate..Ie: 2 bad heads do not equal a good head in pups...The breed standard does not specify a certain weight, it does say that the weight should be in proportion to the whole Boxer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts